1. nick0322's Avatar
    whats up guys, first post but could use some advice, Im currently in Afghanistan and Will be back in the states in june. Im due for an upgrade with Verizon, however I still have unlimited data and seriously considering buying my next phone at full retail just to keep it.. Anyways my question is should I go straight to Verizon and get the IPHONE 5, or hold out for the 5s. I currently still rock the old school droid x, which I dropped over here and cracked the screen pretty bad. rumors are rumors and ive heard the 5s being announced from june 20th all the way until the fall. So pretty stuck on what to do
    kataran likes this.
    04-09-2013 01:14 PM
  2. Just_Me_D's Avatar
    If you can wait, wait for the 5S, at least until after your listed rumored date. If not, don't hesitate to get the iPhone 5. Besides, the iPhone 5 will get iOS 7 that is rumored to ship with the 5S and I don't foresee any hardware additions that will render the 5 obsolete, but that;s just my personal opinion. I have no idea what the 5S will bring to the table. Still, my advice stands as-is.
    kataran likes this.
    04-09-2013 01:19 PM
  3. nick0322's Avatar
    Yeah that's what Im going to do, Im going to try and hold out as long as I can for the 5s. Really curious what apple plans to do with it. but if nothing by the end of june beginning of july, the 5 it is
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-09-2013 01:28 PM
  4. ame's Avatar
    I am holding out.

    Stay safe, and have a safe trip back home!
    04-09-2013 03:47 PM
  5. taz323's Avatar
    I am also waiting for my upgrade in July , either way it will be one of them.
    Thank you and be safe.
    04-09-2013 05:13 PM
  6. folgrz's Avatar
    Thank you for your service!

    Best bet would be to hold out as long as you possibly can!

    Stay safe out there!
    04-09-2013 05:46 PM
  7. androidluvr2's Avatar
    Im due for an upgrade with Verizon, however I still have unlimited data and seriously considering buying my next phone at full retail just to keep it.
    First, thank you for your service to our country.

    Second, if you have a family plan, check out my thread here:

    http://forums.imore.com/carrier-disc...mily-plan.html
    04-09-2013 07:10 PM

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone for work: Get the 5 or wait for the 5S?
    By mrjspeed in forum iPhone 5s
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 09:31 AM
  2. Shall i update to ios 5 for my iphone 4 or wait for 4.3.5 untethered jailbreak ?
    By Jukka in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM
  3. iPhone 3GS user upgrade iPhone 4 or wait for 5
    By Jamess9046 in forum iPhone 3GS Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:36 AM
  4. get iphone 3gs or wait for new iphone
    By sblocker in forum iPhone 3GS Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD