Jailbroken IPhone 5 Maximum Capacity Battery drop!

AsianJelly

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Verizon Iphone 5 which i got about a month ago. So far its been good, and I have it jail broken on evasion 6.1.2. However, after downloading Batterydetective and Battery Doctor Pro, I noticed my maximum capacity for my battery is only 1357mah compared to the stock 1430mah. I only have 28 cycles on my phone-should I be concerned? I had read a post stating that battery capacity fluctuates over time, but so far it seems like its going downhill for me. Can anyone help me?
Thanks-Daniel

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: IPhone 5 Maximum Capacity Battery drop!

Hi, I have a Verizon Iphone 5 which i got about a month ago. So far its been good, and I have it jail broken on evasion 6.1.2. However, after downloading Batterydetective and Battery Doctor Pro, I noticed my maximum capacity for my battery is only 1357mah compared to the stock 1430mah. I only have 28 cycles on my phone-should I be concerned? I had read a post stating that battery capacity fluctuates over time, but so far it seems like its going downhill for me. Can anyone help me?
Thanks-Daniel

Of course the more you use your phone, Charge it and get a cycle out of it it will degrade over time but I think at this point you have nothing to really be concerned over other than checking all of the typical settings on your phone to make sure nothing is drawing power or apps that you might have truly running in the background all the time taking battery life.

You might also remove the battery apps you installed to see if those make any difference.

Also read these:
Tip: How to make your iPhone battery life last longer | iMore.com

How to fix battery life issues with iOS 6 or iPhone 5 | iMore.com

Good luck and let us know.:)

AsianJelly

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

I am not having any battery life problems, but I am concerned how I lost almost 100 mAh off my maximum charge in 28 cycles.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Unless you plan to keep it more than 2 years, you shouldn't notice a big drop. Uninstall those batt apps and enjoy the phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I am not having any battery life problems, but I am concerned how I lost almost 100 mAh off my maximum charge in 28 cycles.

As i had stated as I reread your post I would uninstall the battery apps and not worry about what you are seeing or perceive to see. As you continue to charge your phone your battery at some point as all batteries do, Will lose and degrade. If you have no issues, Then don't worry!:)

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

My phone has 45 cycles and is at 1381. It has been sitting around there +/- 10mAh for pretty much as long as I've had it. There's really not much difference between 1381 and 1357.

Keep an eye on it, if you're concerned, but I wouldn't sweat it unless it starts dropping down a lot more. It really should find kind of a sweet spot and sit around there for a pretty long time, if any of my other phones' experience was.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I have to agree with the others...get rid of the battery apps. Also, I was having a similar problem with my iPhone5 (though it's not really a problem) and I was told to turn my phone off occasionally. It worked for me and hopefully it will help you out too. After charging my phone over night, it would immediately drop to 96% right after I unplugged it from charging. Turning it off solved the problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

[Moderator Note] This thread was renamed & moved to the Jailbreak section

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

[Moderator Note] This thread was renamed & moved to the Jailbreak section

The OPs concern is related to the hardware more than it is the software. While drain may be attributed to the software used, the actual capacity to store is a hardware characteristic of the battery. The hardware is the iPhone 5, which is a better placing for his questions :/

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

The battery apps aren't a problem, I've used both. Presumably, if Apple would allow an app that would simply display the information stored in the battery, they could easily be in the App App Store. This particular bit of nonsense is a perfect example of why I will never have a non-jailbroken phone. However, they would rather keep this information under the hood, probably to prevent warranty returns.

As I'd mentioned in an earlier reply, from first glance there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with OP's phone from just the one data point. If, however, he notices that the capacity is down EVERY time that the battery has gone through another charge cycle, it might stand to be swapped out under warranty.

For a warranty swap, though, I'd expect that it would need to have less than 70% of the original before its a year old.

AsianJelly

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Just a quick update, but I've been monitoring my iphone battery for 2 months now, and I can safely say that my battery is no longer dropping. The max capacity is hovering around the 1350-1360 Mah range. (The default capacity is 1440 Mah) Should I be concerned and worried or is this normal?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox