Deleting created Album

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi I created an album but found when I copy a photo into it and then try to delete said photo from my camera roll it said it will delete photo in all albums. I believe a jailbreak will have options but I already updated to 6.1.3 and have to wait??

My thread question is how do I delete empty albums???

I'm brand new to iOS and find the photo app to be under pare compared to webOS

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi I created an album but found when I copy a photo into it and then try to delete said photo from my camera roll it said it will delete photo in all albums. I believe a jailbreak will have options but I already updated to 6.1.3 and have to wait??

My thread question is how do I delete empty albums???

I'm brand new to iOS and find the photo app to be under pare compared to webOS

Is your empty album or folder a part of what is on your phone the you checked off from your computer and synced to your phone with iTunes? If yes then simply plug your phone back into iTunes and go to photos and uncheck that album or folder. Next time or then when you do a sync iTunes will not place it back on your phone, You can then delete the empty album/folder from your computer.

EDIT: You can also from your phone and camera roll delete single photos BTW.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Is your empty album or folder a part of what is on your phone the you checked off from your computer and synced to your phone with iTunes? If yes then simply plug your phone back into iTunes and go to photos and uncheck that album or folder. Next time or then when you do a sync iTunes will not place it back on your phone, You can then delete the empty album/folder from your computer.

It was created solely on my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I did use photo stream to add contact photo thru iCloud but only used iTunes for music and tones

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The camera roll is all the photos on your phone. Creating albums is just like creating sub folders, but they are not actually copies of the original photos, ie there are not 2 copies of the same photo if you have one in camera roll and 1 in an album. There is no way to delete from the camera roll without deleting from the phone.
The camera roll is the master list and the albums are just a way of organizing them.
I hope this makes sense.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The camera roll is all the photos on your phone. Creating albums is just like creating sub folders, but they are not actually copies of the original photos, ie there are not 2 copies of the same photo if you have one in camera roll and 1 in an album. There is no way to delete from the camera roll without deleting from the phone.
The camera roll is the master list and the albums are just a way of organizing them.
I hope this makes sense.

yes and thanks I see the logic but also see the flaws....at a meg plus a pic having two copies will just eat up space when your in the thousands but I can't keep them all in the camera roll because I will not find what I'm looking for during pic wars I started years ago between close friends..

is there any work around in jailbreak or tethering without itunes....I'm new to iOS but can handle some direction

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You're misunderstanding?there is only one copy even if the photo is in multiple albums. It's like looking in your living room windows?you have a few ways of seeing it but there's only one room.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You're misunderstanding—there is only one copy even if the photo is in multiple albums. It's like looking in your living room windows—you have a few ways of seeing it but there's only one room.

I just reread Nol's post and just noticed the word "NOT".....my bad I understand and relieved that this is the case

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In albums mode photo app I added a new album I'm not sure what you mean by iTunes?
What I meant by this was I was under the impression that you added Albums or folders of photos to your iPhone photo app via an iTunes sync as I reread your thread and looked at my album view I understand what you mean. I was able to create an Album, Name it and leave it empty and just delete it. I hope you were able to work it out.:)

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok it's on my end I tried edit. Swipe. Press and hold no good

Did you add a pic to the album and then delete the pic and then try to delete the album?

Recreating my steps would be a great help

I'm in an achoholic state so pardon my rudeness

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok it's on my end I tried edit. Swipe. Press and hold no good

Did you add a pic to the album and then delete the pic and then try to delete the album?

Recreating my steps would be a great help

I'm in an achoholic state so pardon my rudeness

LOL Maybe you should wait until you can gather your thoughts together but YES I did add a photo, Remove it by deletion and then deleted the empty Album. Sounds like you are having a great night but don't overdo it. Take care and have a safe evening.:)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
yes this morning with clear eyes it only took me a moment

seems I was trying to delete the album while in the album last night

thanks Jaguarr40

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members