iPhone 5 - Do Not Disturb option

Dazzler

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
When this is set on my iphone 5, I have done so to allow calls from my Favourites. However, any calls from my favourites remains silent and still goes to the answer phone. This despite the fact it says that calls from my favourites will be allowed on the Notifications settings.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When this is set on my iphone 5, I have done so to allow calls from my Favourites. However, any calls from my favourites remains silent and still goes to the answer phone. This despite the fact it says that calls from my favourites will be allowed on the Notifications settings.

I hope this will give you the info you are looking for to make your IP5 Do Not Disturb work as you expect it. Have a great day.:)

[INFO]Do Not Disturb and NotificationsPush notifications appear in Notification Center and alert you to new information, even when the
associated app isn’t running. Notifications vary by app, but may include text or sound alerts, and
a numbered badge on the app icon on the Home screen.
Turn off all notifications: Go to Settings and turn on Do Not Disturb. If it’s on and iPhone is
locked, all notifications and calls are silenced, but alarms will still sound. You can set the following
options in Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb:
• Automatically turn on Do Not Disturb: Turn on Scheduled, then set the time when you don’t
want to be disturbed. iPhone automatically turns on Do Not Disturb during this period
each day.
• Allow some phone calls during Do Not Disturb: When Do Not Disturb is on, ringing is silenced.
To allow calls from some callers to ring, tap Allow Calls From. You can allow calls from your
Favorites list, or from other Contacts groups you define. For information about Favorites, see
Chapter 25,Contacts, on page 100.
• Allow persistent callers to ring through: Turn on Repeated Calls. If the same caller (based on
their Caller ID) calls you again within three minutes, iPhone will ring.
Turn an app’s notifications on or off: Go to Settings > Notifications. Tap an item in the list, then
turn notifications on or off for that item. Apps that have notifications turned off appear in the Not
In Notification Center list.[/INFO]

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Have you tried turning DND off, resetting, and then turning it on again?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the recognition and I hope the info I provided to you was of help. Please let me know if it was as I like to keep track of the info I give people. Have a great Easter Weekend.:)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I hope this will give you the info you are looking for to make your IP5 Do Not Disturb work as you expect it. Have a great day.:)

[INFO]Do Not Disturb and NotificationsPush notifications appear in Notification Center and alert you to new information, even when the
associated app isn’t running. Notifications vary by app, but may include text or sound alerts, and
a numbered badge on the app icon on the Home screen.
Turn off all notifications: Go to Settings and turn on Do Not Disturb. If it’s on and iPhone is
locked, all notifications and calls are silenced, but alarms will still sound. You can set the following
options in Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb:
• Automatically turn on Do Not Disturb: Turn on Scheduled, then set the time when you don’t
want to be disturbed. iPhone automatically turns on Do Not Disturb during this period
each day.
• Allow some phone calls during Do Not Disturb: When Do Not Disturb is on, ringing is silenced.
To allow calls from some callers to ring, tap Allow Calls From. You can allow calls from your
Favorites list, or from other Contacts groups you define. For information about Favorites, see
Chapter 25,Contacts, on page 100.
• Allow persistent callers to ring through: Turn on Repeated Calls. If the same caller (based on
their Caller ID) calls you again within three minutes, iPhone will ring.
Turn an app’s notifications on or off: Go to Settings > Notifications. Tap an item in the list, then
turn notifications on or off for that item. Apps that have notifications turned off appear in the Not
In Notification Center list.[/INFO]

Good refresher,

Tks Jaguarr

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I find this feature to be one of the best so far.

I work nights and sleep during the afternoon and use to silence my phone but always worried about my elderly parents needing me and not be able to get in contact with me.

Put them in my favorites and now I'm worry free

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2