Convinced My Friend To Go With iPhone

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as I am concerned it is the best out there. My friend is moving to the Apple Eco system and was deciding between the 4s and the 5. I encouraged him to the 5. We have great LTE here and he will be able to make use of it. My wife has a 4s and loves it.

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

ItsMrMark

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say you gave such great advice. You should have asked them what is most important to them in a smartphone. Do they want the apple environment and tons of apps? Do they want to be able to fully customize their device with homescreen tools and widgets and seamless Google integration? Do they want to stay in a Microsoft world with live tiles, full Office on the phone and Windows 8 interoperability? Or even possibly wait for the Q10 to come out with what will probably be the best physical keyboard ever for the fastest and most efficient communications? Pointing anyone that asks straight to an iPhone is not good advice. Help them evaluate their needs and help them understand why every platform has pros and cons.

Exactly!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps. There are simply too many unknowns here since I am not the OP. However, the OP is here on iMore recommending an iPhone to friends. Why would the initial assumption be that they are handing out horrible, uneducated advice?

You're being a little over dramatic with your observation of that post...the post in question didn't even call the advice bad (much less horrible), they simply said they didn't feel it was a great piece of advice, and i tend to agree...when someone asks what kind of phone they should buy, automatically suggesting the phone you own isn't a great suggestion, because it might be terrible for the next guy.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You're being a little over dramatic with your observation of that post...the post in question didn't even call the advice bad (much less horrible), they simply said they didn't feel it was a great piece of advice, and i tend to agree...when someone asks what kind of phone they should buy, automatically suggesting the phone you own isn't a great suggestion, because it might be terrible for the next guy.

*shrugs* Sure! We can debate how to interpret someone else's post all day long but, I simply took something different from it than you did so there's really no point. It's too bad that recommending iProducts here is now being met with immediate scrutiny and quickly deemed "not great advice". OP has used the proper channels to do so and yet we still can't offer the benefit of the doubt? That's really too bad!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
*shrugs* Sure! We can debate how to interpret someone else's post all day long but, I simply took something different from it than you did so there's really no point. It's too bad that recommending iProducts here is now being met with immediate scrutiny and quickly deemed "not great advice". OP has used the proper channels to do so and yet we still can't offer the benefit of the doubt? That's really too bad!

There was enough in the initial post to move past the benefit of the doubt. And it has nothing to do with "taking it" a certain way, i simply pointed out that kjjb never said what you were saying (about it being horrible and uneducated). And putting all of that aside, what he suggested to the OP was the PERFECT scenario for giving advice to a potential buyer...everything he said was spot on for giving fair and legitimate advice to someone asking what kind of phone they should buy.

You, on the other hand, are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill by adding negativity that didn't even exist in the first place...why do that? Kjjb never once said that the suggesting the iPhone was bad advice, he suggested that being so generic and ONLY suggesting the iPhone was bad advice (which it is).

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Something tells me had the OP known the melee that would ensue from simply stating he told his buddy to grab the 5 and check out iMore, he'd have never made it, ever.
Geesh will someone please close this thread and end the bickering?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2