Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Incoming Callers Cannot hear me

I have an iPhone 5 thru Sprint. Starting a couple of days ago when I answer incoming calls, the caller cannot hear me, as if I'm on mute. I immediately call them back and they can hear me fine. I went thru my settings and can't find anything and even did a soft reset. Has anyone experienced this and if so what did you do to remedy it?

Thanks a ton!!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,228 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default Re: Incoming Callers Cannot hear me

Quote Originally Posted by jmcollis View Post
    I have an iPhone 5 thru Sprint. Starting a couple of days ago when I answer incoming calls, the caller cannot hear me, as if I'm on mute. I immediately call them back and they can hear me fine. I went thru my settings and can't find anything and even did a soft reset. Has anyone experienced this and if so what did you do to remedy it?

Thanks a ton!!!

Are you jailbroken? If not, try to do a restore as new and see if that resolves the issue. If not, a trip to the Genius Bar may be in order. Good luck
    Thanked by:
    jmcollis (03-28-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Incoming Callers Cannot hear me

Quote Originally Posted by jmcollis View Post

Thanks a ton!!!
    Something simple, but important: When this happens, check the various items on the phone screen, specifically the Mute and Source buttons, make sure that they are correct. Sometimes it's easy to miss the obvious, as I found out this morning on a issue I thought I had with an updated app on my iPad.
    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
    Double ROT-13 encrypted for your protection