Upgrade to iPhone 5

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I bought the iPhone 4 about a year and a half ago (just before the 4S was available) we both have had many issues with the device(s) since getting them. We have bought many apps and music so we are on the fence as to wether or not we should buy the iPhone 5 (or 5S when it is released) she is considering buying the Galaxy S4, so I was wanting to get some input from people who may have or currently have both an hear what they recommend. Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I do not have the Galaxy S4, I do have an iPhone 5 and did have the iPhone 4S up until a week ago and I've never had a problem with neither device. If you are already invested in the Apple ecosystem, I would recommend that you continue with Apple. The 4S and the 5 are night and day in regard to the 4, in 'my' opinion. The speed alone is worth the upgrade, but I'm curious to know what kind of problems you were having with your iPhone 4? A lot of times, backing up the device to iTunes or iCloud and then restoring it as new via iTunes often fixes problems.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had nothing but a perfect experience with the iPhone 5 thus far...the same could be said for the 4S too and really, every generation of iPhone since inception, so i don't think my view helps you.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had nothing but a perfect experience with the iPhone 5 thus far...the same could be said for the 4S too and really, every generation of iPhone since inception, so i don't think my view helps you.

By the way, Sean, I've come to discover that everything you stated about the iPhone 5 when it was initially released has been proven to be true and my initial observations at that time were premature at best. The iPhone 5 is downright awesome....:)

Chase Isley

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
What are some of the problems you were facing? I am sure they can fixed so you can be satisfied with the iPhone. Remember, there is always a big risk in switching from something you are so used to. You will either love or hate the Galaxy S4. Ask a close friend who owns a galaxy s3 or go into a store and play around with it before you make a decision.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd say the main issue is the device is extremely slow (I came from Blackberry and it is much slower than that). I have taken them into Apple several times and had the device restored to factory, I have done it a few times myself via iTunes with not much difference. The battery life is horrible it takes hours to charge and then only lasts about 3 hours when it's not in use (apple says there's nothing wrong with the battery) and now when my wife plugged her device in this morning it gives the spinning circle icon and just keeps vibrating until she unplugs it she did a reboot and it continued and a little while later it stopped an began charging. If it wasn't for these issues I don't think we would even think twice about getting the iPhone 5 or whatever is out when we decide to do it. Personally my only dislike is the speed and battery. Also, just a note we were having these same issues on IOS5 and they have only gotten worse since being forced to go to IOS6 when apple did the restore.

Chase Isley

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah there are a ton of satisfied iphone 5 users, especially here on the forums. Definitely sounds like it is time for an upgrade.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the main issue is the device is extremely slow (I came from Blackberry and it is much slower than that). I have taken them into Apple several times and had the device restored to factory, I have done it a few times myself via iTunes with not much difference. The battery life is horrible it takes hours to charge and then only lasts about 3 hours when it's not in use (apple says there's nothing wrong with the battery) and now when my wife plugged her device in this morning it gives the spinning circle icon and just keeps vibrating until she unplugs it she did a reboot and it continued and a little while later it stopped an began charging. If it wasn't for these issues I don't think we would even think twice about getting the iPhone 5 or whatever is out when we decide to do it. Personally my only dislike is the speed and battery. Also, just a note we were having these same issues on IOS5 and they have only gotten worse since being forced to go to IOS6 when apple did the restore.

Then upgrade to the iPhone 5. The speed increase is almost breath-taking in comparison to the 4. My advocacy of the iPhone 4S is well-known throughout this forum and I stand by my comments because it is a heckuva device, but the 5 is even more amazing and I'm being straightforward & upfront. That is my personal recommendation. Good luck on your decision...:)

shahid99

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I myself considering return to iOS. I have and had and has great experience with android but all the phone that I used android devices all gets hot after certain amount of use . Like after playing games or watching over 30 minx. I will miss the big screen but all the devices s3,s2 htc Evo 4g lte n now nexus 4 . I love android but will just wait for better device I guess , I have iPhone 5 and its great device better front camera looks great feels great . Will miss tons of great features from android tho. Now I need to trAde AT&T with tmobile iPhone . Hope I can do it soon

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it was slower than a Blackberry then this was a phone issue. For the time I had an iPhone 4 it was not even
close to the lack of speed that Blackberries had for me. Not even close.

All that should be said has been said in this thread about upgrading to an iP5. That said, if you upgrade, you
have your 14 days to try it out. That will be your best bet. Real hands-on experience.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
By the way, Sean, I've come to discover that everything you stated about the iPhone 5 when it was initially released has been proven to be true and my initial observations at that time were premature at best. The iPhone 5 is downright awesome....:)

It really is...and coming from someone who loved their 4S, the 5 was just a substantial improvement on so many levels (and that is not including the screen, which initially i wasn't thrilled with, but feel it's perfect for me now). The performance, the battery life, the camera...and above all, the LTE data service. It's just incredible. This is the best iPhone I've had so far (as i would expect with the newest iteration). I don't know what to expect on the next one, looking forward to seeing what we're in for though...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My wife and I bought the iPhone 4 about a year and a half ago (just before the 4S was available) we both have had many issues with the device(s) since getting them. We have bought many apps and music so we are on the fence as to wether or not we should buy the iPhone 5 (or 5S when it is released) she is considering buying the Galaxy S4, so I was wanting to get some input from people who may have or currently have both an hear what they recommend. Thanks

The iPhone 5 is hands down the best iPhone yet. You would notice a huge improvement over the 4. I recently left iPhone to try Android as well but came back to iPhone; practically running back.

I'm curious what issues you have been having with your iP4?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It really is...and coming from someone who loved their 4S, the 5 was just a substantial improvement on so many levels (and that is not including the screen, which initially i wasn't thrilled with, but feel it's perfect for me now). The performance, the battery life, the camera...and above all, the LTE data service. It's just incredible. This is the best iPhone I've had so far (as i would expect with the newest iteration). I don't know what to expect on the next one, looking forward to seeing what we're in for though...

You are spot-on, and although the next iteration will be an improvement of some sort, I can't see the improvements, at least in regard to what matters to me, being great enough to cause me to regret getting the 5. I just can't see it. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods