Apps shown in iTunes differ vs iPhone display

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 2. Both are running iOS 6.1.2 jailbroken. As stand-alone devices, I am not having any issues with either. The issue is when plugged into iTunes. The iPad shows up in iTunes with the "mirror" of the home screens showing correctly, apps shown in their correct locations. But not the iPhone. When that plugs in, the "mirror" shows them anywhere except where they really are.

Forex, the phone has the App Store and Cydia on the second page, the "mirror" shows them on the first. On the phone, I have many apps in folders, in the "mirror" there are no folders and all the apps on on the home screens directly.

There are some differences in App Store apps on the two devices, but not on the Cydia store items, to the best of my recollection.

iTunes v11.0.2 in Win7 HP sp1 x64, both devices plug in via USB cable.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That's one of the things about being jailbroken. Your icon arrangements on iTunes will not reflect the reality of what you have on the phone. One of the reasons I opted to forgo jailbreak...

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
That's one of the things about being jailbroken. Your icon arrangements on iTunes will not reflect the reality of what you have on the phone. One of the reasons I opted to forgo jailbreak...

But my iPad does not show this, and until recently (sorry, I don't have a specific coincidental change) neither did the iPhone. I neglected to mention my now-retired iPod Touch (3rd gen, iOS5) which is also jailbroke and does not (did not last time I plugged it in) show this discrepancy.

It's something I'd like to address if it doesn't mean a wipe/reload or other equally drastic measure. Otherwise, I can live with it since the phone itself appears fine and things do sync, I just can't manage app placement via the desktop.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73