My New Iphone 5

sandy the game

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, yesterday I brought my iphone 5 I am using iphone for the first time and my experience is awesome, it?s so light and compact. But I have some Q how can I set my MP3 as a ringtone I converted to M4R format then to its not working and how you guys take snapshots of your devices

Please bear with me as I am totally new to Iphone:eek:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys, yesterday I brought my iphone 5 I am using iphone for the first time and my experience is awesome, it?s so light and compact. But I have some Q how can I set my MP3 as a ringtone I converted to M4R format then to its not working and how you guys take snapshots of your devices

Screenshots are the easy part. Hit the home button and lock button together and it'll take the capture. The screen will flash and you'll hear a camera shutter tone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Setting ringtones is a lot harder. My advice is the breakdown and purchase the tone you want from iTunes. They are like $1.29 and well worth missing the trouble. But if you want to do it yourself, there are lots of guides out there. Google it and follow those instructions.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to add the m4r to iTunes and sync the ringtone, then go to settings and sounds and you should be able to add the ringtone

sandy the game

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
and one more Q please when my music player is on can i do play. pause or next track when my phone is lock its just showing pic of that song

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
When your screen is locked just double click the home button. The buttons you're looking for will appear :) welcome to the forums! As for the ringtone yeah you can make them. But I use an app called ringtones. You have to do the whole sync/file sharing bit in iTunes. It's annoying and I end up going back to the marimba!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
How long is the file? My self-made custom ring tones are under 30 seconds and work fine.

KCH got it. Ringtones can be up to 30 seconds. Text tones up to 5 seconds, I think. That's the issue you're facing. If you know how to build up to the .M4r portion then you're gold.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys, yesterday I brought my iphone 5 I am using iphone for the first time and my experience is awesome, it’s so light and compact. But I have some Q how can I set my MP3 as a ringtone I converted to M4R format then to its not working and how you guys take snapshots of your devices

Congratulations on the iP5. That was my first iPhone as well. Making ringtones is a bit complicated but generally pretty easy. As jclisenby indicated...just google making ringtones for iOS or something similar and follow the instructions. It may seem like you are bouncing around from computer to phone back to computer back to the phone...but it isn't bad after you do it the first time. The clip, which you can make from within iTunes cannot be over 30 seconds or it will not be recognized as a ringtone. Good luck and welcome to iMore...and the iPhone 5. BTW, I missed it if you said...What color is your phone? White or black?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the 30sec. limit is pretty strictly set (i think i got one to convert over at like 32sec. once), but i reality, it doesn't really matter because the phone won't even use the full 30sec. ringtone anyways, i think the native length for a phone call duration without answering is around 25sec. or so (if you have voicemail activated and do not have an extended ringer set).

Partho Chatterjee

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Open iTunes and select your favourite mp3.And click left for getting info and click on the Options' tab and edit the Start Time and Stop time to be the part of the song that you want to make your ringtone.But make sure your ringtone should not be more than 30 seconds otherwise it will not work. finally click OK

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations I'm also new to iOS and my first iPhone the 5 white.

Ringtones was a tough one but I also finally got it right. Couldn't do without my custom ringtones I've been using for years

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2