Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jerome g
  • 1 Post By Alli
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Speed dialing?

Can the Iphone 5 bet set to speed dial? IE: dialing a radio station contest line, I have tried using the favorite menu but there is a delay in dialing the number.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Default Re: Speed dialing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk1224 View Post
    Can the Iphone 5 bet set to speed dial? IE: dialing a radio station contest line, I have tried using the favorite menu but there is a delay in dialing the number.
    If you mean like pressing 1 for this person, 2 for that person......no. Favorites is your best bet. Are there third party apps that can do it? I am not sure.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

that is what I thought, thank you for the reply. guess I will have to use the old landline.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

If you go to Recent calls, you can just tap it to redial.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    If you go to Recent calls, you can just tap it to redial.
    This is true.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

If you leave your phone app in Recent like I do than its only two quick taps to initiate a call (phone app, most recent phone #) or two taps to redial as tapping the end call button will default you back to recent calls and you tap most recent # again. You may just want to pre-dial the phone # to keep it on the top of your Recent list or add it to Favorites as was previously suggested if pre-dialling is not an option.
    iMore Intermediate

Yes, the app is called speed dial, it's free.
    The speed is not instantaneous like using the phone app, but 1 click and faster than going through the other routes outlined above
    lmpotthoff likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerome g View Post
    Yes, the app is called speed dial, it's free.
    The speed is not instantaneous like using the phone app, but 1 click and faster than going through the other routes outlined above
    This app requires you to confirm call. Still two taps. Not sure how this is a faster solution since there is a significant lag over the native phone app to place a call.
    iMore Intermediate

I don't know which one you are using, but the one called "speed dial", the first one that comes up in a search on the App Store, does not require 2 clicks, just one and it calls.
    iPhone Nanite

You can set-up speed dial on an iPhone 4s despite the fact that it misses this application. You will press your "safari" button and the web browser will open up. Once your web browser opens press the URL bar. Then type in the area code and telephone phone number and .tel.QLNK.net. Press the + sign when you receive the "add this page as a WebClip, so as to add a speed dial entry to your iPhone Home Screen" pop-up window. See more details at .
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

All 3rd party or web assisted options simply bring you back to the default dialer. So there's no point in leaving the default to keep returning to it if it's speed you're after. Just do like I suggested originally and tap the recent called number. One click. BAM!
    03_CTD likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

All 3rd party or web assisted options simply bring you back to the default dialer. So there's no point in leaving the default to keep returning to it if it's speed you're after. Just do like I suggested originally and tap the recent called number. One click. BAM!
    It still involves clicking onto the phone app first, so not really 1 unless you leave it open at all times. Similarly you can just one click the speed app.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

It still involves clicking onto the phone app first, so not really 1 unless you leave it open at all times. Similarly you can just one click the speed app.
    When you end a call you go back to the built in app. One click to speed redial (remember the OP wants to keep redialing a radio station for a contest). Why leave the built in app to go to a speed dial app that will take you back to the built in app?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    BB user.

Just push and hold a key on your keyboard. No need to be in the phone app first.
    Oh sorry, that's a BB. :-D
    iMore Intermediate

When you end a call you go back to the built in app. One click to speed redial (remember the OP wants to keep redialing a radio station for a contest). Why leave the built in app to go to a speed dial app that will take you back to the built in app?
    Oh, Ok, I see then, obviously the way you mentioned would be the quickest for the purpose the OP outlined. Once you end the call it should take you back to the same contact right ? Why would the OP even go to the favorites menu ?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Oh, Ok, I see then, obviously the way you mentioned would be the quickest for the purpose the OP outlined. Once you end the call it should take you back to the same contact right ? Why would the OP even go to the favorites menu ?
    If you start in the Recent tab, tap the number, when you finish you are returned to the Recent tab with that number at the top. You can do it the same way if you're starting from a contact, it will return to the contact.

I was just pointing out that regardless of where you begin the call, you will always end up in the phone app.
    iMore Nanite

There are 4 free speed dial apps, but they have a bug in ios 7. If you call a number, and nobody picks up, you cannot end the call without resetting your phone. When you press the end button, it will keep redialing the number. If anyone knows a solution besides resetting the phone, I would appreciate hearing about it.