Contacts getting copied...help?

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have linked my contacts with facebook, and linked for a backup with icloud, so i have them also on my ipad.
But I dont know why my contacts are getting copied within themselves, and are linking to the same person two times.
So this prevents it from syncing new display picture from the contact and sometimes only the picture is shown not other details like work and address, which does normally when i first link them.
I removed all and feed all again one time, now i cant do it again as i have over 1000 contacts.
Sometimes it is linking to other contacts automatically and that too randomly to the wrong contact.
Any help please.
I did used syne.me for sometime and it was great.
But it doesn't seem to be working now so i want it the apples way.
Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's the linking with Facebook that is causing the problem. If there isn't enough info there to prove to the system that two contacts are the same person, they show up as separate contacts. You also get stuck with all the nonbirthdays in Facebook, so that on Dec. 31 you wind up with a lot of birthdays showing up for people who don't have birthdays on those days.

Your only recourse will be to use a 3rd party duplicate manager, or handling them manually.

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What i mean was that when i add a contact which was previously backed up to icloud then when i recreate it and link it to facebook, it copies the data from icloud i think and put the old pic which was backed up before but not the current facebook even when i delete that pic and choose facebook pic to show, it randomly links it double to the facebook
I think icloud is the problem
Any way to delete contacts backup from icloud?

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok yeah i figured that its due to facebook, but it has copied same contact twice.if i delete one, it joins again, and the real problem is that it doesnt updates new dp of fb

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods