Downloading mp3 to iphone 5

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to download mp3 to the iphone directly? I kniw with android we have this ability but with iphone how do you do it?:confused:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are also some apps on Appstore that you can download mp3

Not really...there are apps (or used to be) that allowed files to be "saved" within the app, almost like saving the website address to an MP3 file on Safari and accessing it. Not really the same as saving directly to the iPhone (which, thankfully, is not possible since it would open the door to all kinds of issues that you find on other platforms that allow this kind of thing).

I always get wary of these threads when the first post says "I know on Android we can...", usually spells out the obvious.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Not really...there are apps (or used to be) that allowed files to be "saved" within the app, almost like saving the website address to an MP3 file on Safari and accessing it. Not really the same as saving directly to the iPhone (which, thankfully, is not possible since it would open the door to all kinds of issues that you find on other platforms that allow this kind of thing).

I always get wary of these threads when the first post says "I know on Android we can...", usually spells out the obvious.

What obvious would that be? :confused:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What obvious would that be? :confused:

Blatant, trolling, "kick up dust" kind of posts...the kind that get little quarrels started and inevitably get locked because of the non-sensical content that is usually present from the get go.

Notice I used the term "usually" though, take that for what it's worth. The simple answer to your question is that you can't download MP3's directly to the iPhone without a jailbreak and the use of certain apps that allow it (in some way), and even in those cases, it's not the same as you can do on your android device.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I beg to disagree, this apps actually download the songs to your iPhone, (they have a size, occupy space) proof of that is that if you plug your device into iTunes, you can transfer this downloaded songs from the app to the stock music app.

So I would say that the answer to the OP question is yes, you can download mp3s directly to your iDevice and listen to them w/o internet connection, the difference is that you CANNOT download them directly into the stock music, but some of them even let you "import" the music you already have on your stock music app directly on your iDevice (it is not really import since they don't duplicate the songs, I don't know how they do that though).

Last edited:

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Blatant, trolling, "kick up dust" kind of posts...the kind that get little quarrels started and inevitably get locked because of the non-sensical content that is usually present from the get go.

Notice I used the term "usually" though, take that for what it's worth. The simple answer to your question is that you can't download MP3's directly to the iPhone without a jailbreak and the use of certain apps that allow it (in some way), and even in those cases, it's not the same as you can do on your android device.

Well I wasnt trying to troll. Why would I? what for? My username is iphonelvr so you posting that doesn't make any sense at all. Good day. :beer:

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh and another reason I asked is because when I downloaded tuneshell I was able to download the songs and it would go directly to my ipod directory. Since the last tuneshell update, I didn't have the ability. No trolling at all on my part. It's too bad when most android users come to this forum all they do is troll. But that wasnt my intention as I love the iphone also.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's very simple to download mp3 to an iPhone.... and I shared it above. It really can't get more simple than import the mp3s into iTunes and sync.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I wasnt trying to troll. Why would I? what for? My username is iphonelvr so you posting that doesn't make any sense at all. Good day. :beer:

Again...i said "usually", so if it didn't apply to why you're here, all the better.

linsiris...feel free to offer an example of this. I'd really like to see in what fashion it saves it to the device and how it could be used in the way one would expect to use an MP3 file (IE: listening to it). I will certainly admit I am wrong if i can see an example...to be honest, I've never actually given it much research since iTunes is such an easy layout to do this with, i guess i just can't see why someone would want their music saved outside of the native music app (given the features and near effortless UI it offers).

Also, in order to use it with the music app, you still have to connect to iTunes right? What's the point? Like adding a middle man.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's very simple to download mp3 to an iPhone.... and I shared it above. It really can't get more simple than import the mp3s into iTunes and sync.

Well it can get simpler than that. And it actually does get simpler on Android. Kind of a let down. Oh well

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In native form, none of Apple's iOS based devices have ever allowed for direct download from the internet (mobile safari) when it comes to media files outside of pictures, so your let down is something that has been exactly the same for the last 5+ years. Apple also has quite a bit invested in their iTunes software and app, so it should not come as a surprise that they want to refrain from giving the ability to just randomly download stuff from online that would interfere with that...i mean you're talking a phone made by a company that also makes money selling MP3's, so you do the math there.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
In native form, none of Apple's iOS based devices have ever allowed for direct download from the internet (mobile safari) when it comes to media files outside of pictures, so your let down is something that has been exactly the same for the last 5+ years. Apple also has quite a bit invested in their iTunes software and app, so it should not come as a surprise that they want to refrain from giving the ability to just randomly download stuff from online that would interfere with that...i mean you're talking a phone made by a company that also makes money selling MP3's, so you do the math there.

Exactly the same for 5+ years is true. Time to match the competition. This is a feature I could do on Blackberry, Windows and Android. And yes they do make money selling MP3s. As does Google. But not all MP3s are available in the iTunes Store. So again, it's a letdown. I just don't quite fancy such restrictions. I love the phone but that is definitely something I am not a fan of.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly the same for 5+ years is true. Time to match the competition. This is a feature I could do on Blackberry, Windows and Android. And yes they do make money selling MP3s. As does Google. But not all MP3s are available in the iTunes Store. So again, it's a letdown. I just don't quite fancy such restrictions. I love the phone but that is definitely something I am not a fan of.

Are you looking for a debate here? Apple doesn't have to match anything, especially when the other companies are trying to play catch up with them on so many levels. You pretend like it's something the iPhone isn't capable of doing...which isn't the case at all. Also, arn't you using a Note 2? As far as I understood, that wasn't a google phone, that was a Samsung phone...

thedunn805...are you going to give an example or just do like so many have in the past and say "There is one" and vanish...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
SeanHRCC there's one called, "Free Music Download" Downloader and Player." I have the paid version, though I don't use it, I bought it for my little brother so could transfer all the music he wanted to download into his iTunes library on his Mac, so I could put the music in the native Music app.

So again, you're talking about an app that downloads the songs into the app itself, but cannot be used by the music app native to the iPhone? If you look up above, i mentioned this, and i know there's probably a hundred or so of these kinds of apps...there is not, however, an app that allows you to download MP3's directly to the iPhone for use with the native apps (like you have when you load music from iTunes).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking for a debate here? Apple doesn't have to match anything, especially when the other companies are trying to play catch up with them on so many levels. You pretend like it's something the iPhone isn't capable of doing...which isn't the case at all. Also, arn't you using a Note 2? As far as I understood, that wasn't a google phone, that was a Samsung phone...

thedunn805...are you going to give an example or just do like so many have in the past and say "There is one" and vanish...

There's no need for a debate. There are undeniable features in Android that iOS lacks that would be welcomed on my iPhone. Other manufactures certainly aren't playing catch up anymore. Samsung and Apple are on a level playing field with both having advantages over the other. The freedom of file management definitely being one that I miss from Android.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro