Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Davyo's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Just wondering if there is any new news on the upcoming TM iPhone,,,,, release date, ip5 or ip5s, or any other new info ???

    Cheers
    Davyo
  2. #2  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,050 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    According to THIS article, you will have to pay full price for the device that is rumored for a possible summer release.
  3. #3  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Trust me, there won't be a shortage of coverage if Tmobile ever decides to carry the iPhone...you'll be able to look on the home page of any tech website and it'll be a headline.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    JustMe'D likes this.
  4. #4  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    It's still rated as highly unlikely in my book. TMo is doing their best to stay alive with their current offerings. I don't see them being able to take in the debt required to offer the iPhone, even with the possibility to make big off of it. They have so much trouble already with customer nonpayment and selling existing stock. Anything's a possibility, though.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  5. #5  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,050 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    It's still rated as highly unlikely in my book. TMo is doing their best to stay alive with their current offerings. I don't see them being able to take in the debt required to offer the iPhone, even with the possibility to make big off of it. They have so much trouble already with customer nonpayment and selling existing stock. Anything's a possibility, though.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    I hear you, and I'm not sure that their FCC approved merger with MetroPCS will benefit them especially being that the shareholders have yet to vote their approval. But as you've stated, anything is possible.
  6. #6  
    NolansVlogs's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    30 Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    It comes out when any other carrier dose, duh
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Davyo's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by NolansVlogs View Post
    It comes out when any other carrier dose, duh
    Care to explain your comment ?,,,,, and explain the "duh" part as well ?

    Davyo
  8. #8  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by NolansVlogs View Post
    It comes out when any other carrier dose, duh
    Umm?


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  9. #9  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    11,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,891 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Any recent model iPhone with an UNLOCKED sim slot and a compatible cellphone radio for T-Mo's frequencies can be used on T-Mobile.

    It is unlikely that T-Mobile will become a reseller of iPhones OEMed by apple for T-Mobile.... never say never... but right now, not likely. If it ever comes to pass, iMore will report on it.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  10. #10  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    What's a "carrier dose"? How many "doses" can the average person take?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  11. #11  
    Yell0w's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    What's a "carrier dose"? How many "doses" can the average person take?
    I think 'dose' was a typo for 'does.'

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    Davyo's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Any recent model iPhone with an UNLOCKED sim slot and a compatible cellphone radio for T-Mo's frequencies can be used on T-Mobile.

    It is unlikely that T-Mobile will become a reseller of iPhones OEMed by apple for T-Mobile.... never say never... but right now, not likely. If it ever comes to pass, iMore will report on it.
    It was my understanding that the iPhones compatable with TM were VZ and ATT but neither of them are fully 100% compatible with TM ?

    As far as TM never selling a iphone made by Apple for TM, I thought that was exactly the deal they signed a few months ago,,,,, for TM to start selling un-subsidized TM iPhones,,,,,, iPhones made by Apple specifically for, and sold by TM, as well as TM branded iphones being sold by Apple.

    Also,,, I read that TM emailed all their employees/stores of a vacation blackout at the end of March thru the first week or more of April,,,,, a vacation blackout is typically only done by a carrier during the launch of a really big product,,,, so I'm guessing a TM iphone or the new Galaxy S4,,,, but Samsung does not typically bring a phone to market so quickly after an unveiling (March 14th).

    Cheers
    Davyo
    Last edited by Davyo; 03-14-2013 at 01:10 AM.
  13. #13  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Yell0w View Post
    I think 'dose' was a typo for 'does.'

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  14. #14  
    Xm_jdm's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,440 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    Just wondering if there is any new news on the upcoming TM iPhone,,,,, release date, ip5 or ip5s, or any other new info ???

    Cheers
    Davyo
    Go to Apple, buy an unlocked one and enjoy it on T-Mobile.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    Davyo's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Go to Apple, buy an unlocked one and enjoy it on T-Mobile.
    That was my original thought but I was under the impression that an unlocked iphone 5 won't be able to take full advantage of TM's 4G LTE as it won't be 100% compatible with TM's frequencies now being switched on nationwide,,,,, all thou here in Vegas the switch has already been flipped.

    Cheers
    Davyo
  16. #16  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    That was my original thought but I was under the impression that an unlocked iphone 5 won't be able to take full advantage of TM's 4G LTE as it won't be 100% compatible with TM's frequencies now being switched on nationwide,,,,, all thou here in Vegas the switch has already been flipped.

    Cheers
    Davyo
    Your understanding is correct. But if you want the full 4G experience, you'll have to switch from TMobile to a carrier that has service that supports the iPhone.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  17. #17  
    osofast240sx's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Not true I was getting 3G on my iPhone 4 with an average of 5mbs (3G). Now that I switched to the iPhone 5 I'm getting an average of 10mps(3G+/4G). This is all on tmobile. For $99 I have two lines with unlimited talk, text and unthrottled data, plus an unlimited personal hotspot. Tmobile will be turning on their LTE towers on March 26 2013.
  18. #18  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
    Not true I was getting 3G on my iPhone 4 with an average of 5mbs (3G). Now that I switched to the iPhone 5 I'm getting an average of 10mps(3G+/4G). This is all on tmobile. For $99 I have two lines with unlimited talk, text and unthrottled data, plus an unlimited personal hotspot. Tmobile will be turning on their LTE towers on March 26 2013.
    That's not the Internet speeds we are talking about. You can probably get up to 14 Mbps with an unlocked iPhone 5 on TMobile. But we are talking about 4G LTE. You won't get that unlocked on the TMo LTE bands. True 4G speeds are up between 20-40 Mbps. If they are looking for true 4G, then switching to Verizon or AT&T will be the better option.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  19. #19  
    osofast240sx's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    My tmobile source told me I will get LTE on my unlocked iPhone 5. They even changed my APN to Fast.T-Mobile.com from the old epc.tmobile.com.
  20. #20  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
    My tmobile source told me I will get LTE on my unlocked iPhone 5. They even changed my APN to Fast.T-Mobile.com from the old epc.tmobile.com.
    Some LTE will be accessible, some will not. It's all about the different LTE frequencies that are covered. The iPhone software and hardware is set up to cover certain frequencies. Some of the TMobile LTE will be in that range, some will not. It'll be hit it miss. If you want true LTE, get a real carrier.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  21. #21  
    osofast240sx's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Do u know what frequencies t-mobile LTE will be on? What is true LTE?
  22. #22  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
    Do u know what frequencies t-mobile LTE will be on? What is true LTE?
    Yes. It's been widely publicized what frequencies it will be. They were purchased and approved by the FCC, so anyone that wants to look can do so.

    These devices are programmed to work unlocked on all 3G frequencies that are covered by the GSM or CDMA radios in them. This is not the case for LTE. Each carrier's spectrum is different and the iPhones are programmed to work on certain frequencies.

    Verizon and AT&T are the carriers that are offering a full, nationwide LTE experience right now. Sprint has it, but its not nearly as widespread as the others. Once again, if you want LTE on the iPhone, get it with a carrier that fully supports it.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    Davyo's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    If you want true LTE, get a real carrier.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    What is true LTE exactly and what is meant by "get a real carrier" ?

    Cheers
    Davyo
  24. #24  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    What is true LTE exactly and what is meant by "get a real carrier" ?

    Cheers
    Davyo
    LTE is a cellular frequency that is mich faster than 3G, '4G', and HSPA+. It's the latest movement in cellular technology. Verizon and AT&T have widely implemented this technology. Sprint has it, but it is limited. T-Mobile plans to start activating LTE towers this year, but they will have a limited coverage area, much like Sprint.

    As for a real carrier, Verizon and AT&T are top-tier carriers in the USA. Sprint is a mid-level carrier, and T-Mobile is the lower level, budget carrier. If you want the best coverage experience, go with Verizon or AT&T. It's like the old saying, you get what you pay for.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  25. #25  
    Xm_jdm's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,440 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

    Quote Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
    My tmobile source told me I will get LTE on my unlocked iPhone 5. They even changed my APN to Fast.T-Mobile.com from the old epc.tmobile.com.
    Yup. Eventually when T-Mobile flips the LTE switch, if you are using an unlocked ATT iPhone 5. You will pick up LTE. Just waiting...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 05:02 AM
  2. Any news on the 3.1.3 unlock that is supposedly coming out soon?
    By entronp in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 09:01 AM
  3. Any news on opera mini for iPhone yet?
    By Reptar in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:21 AM
  4. Anyone heard any news on the Slingplayer app?
    By Jhunt4231 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
  5. New Feature on the Forums... Reputation.
    By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions