Lost notes....

Kabar74

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
well not all of them....didnt know that it was back up to my gmail....but read on internet that there will be new folder ''notes'' if gmail was my def email account.

so did recover them .....last gmail backup was 5 March......happy enough.

why that bug is not fixed?...how it is possible to lose notes after ''backup'' to iCloud ( I did setup iCloud couple days ago). I'm new to iOS....was happy with android but wanted to try another OS.....1st disappointed with Apple phone or I did something wrong?.....however I still like the device...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
well not all of them....didnt know that it was back up to my gmail....but read on internet that there will be new folder ''notes'' if gmail was my def email account.

so did recover them .....last gmail backup was 5 March......happy enough.

why that bug is not fixed?...how it is possible to lose notes after ''backup'' to iCloud ( I did setup iCloud couple days ago). I'm new to iOS....was happy with android but wanted to try another OS.....1st disappointed with Apple phone or I did something wrong?.....however I still like the device...

Did you ever use the Notes app on your device? If you did not then there would be no notes to backup to iCloud.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks i didnt want to start a new thread but have a lost notes backup problem

my icloud only shows 4 Notes backed up to the cloud but i actually have over a dozen and cant seem to fiqure out how to get the rest on the cloud i have notes enabled ON in Settings and i also have iCloud as my Default Account

i find it strange that its four Notes from far different Dates so i dont believe it has to do with my Default Account selection

any help would be appreciated....thanks people

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks i didnt want to start a new thread but have a lost notes backup problem

my icloud only shows 4 Notes backed up to the cloud but i actually have over a dozen and cant seem to fiqure out how to get the rest on the cloud i have notes enabled ON in Settings and i also have iCloud as my Default Account

i find it strange that its four Notes from far different Dates so i dont believe it has to do with my Default Account selection

any help would be appreciated....thanks people

Don't forget that Apple had issues on their side earlier and there maybe lingering effects here and there. Still, logon to www.icloud.com via a computer and verify the status of your notes. If they're all there then just give it time for it to sync to your device. In the meantime, go to Settings-iCloud and make sure Notes is turned ON.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget that Apple had issues on their side earlier and there maybe lingering effects here and there. Still, logon to www.icloud.com via a computer and verify the status of your notes. If they're all there then just give it time for it to sync to your device. In the meantime, go to Settings-iCloud and make sure Notes is turned ON.

Yeah thanks that how I first found out about the sync problem when I was on my laptop managing my account then I checked my iPhone and found it to be true my Notes are turned on I did a backup but still no good so I will wait at least I don't seem to be doing anything wrong

Sent from my iPhone 5