two SIM cards in one iPhone

HeartbeatFCTRY

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering what you guys would think of an iPhone case that allows users to toggle between two SIM cards directly from the Settings interface.

Some friends of mine are engineering a case to make this possible and I wanted to help them garner some feedback/ideas. Let me know if you think this is something that would be of high interest or demand. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose that it could be beneficial to people who frequently travel abroad, but I can't see it being a benefit for people who don't.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As someone who very frequently travels to LA from the UK and needs to have a local phone number, I would be very interested in this case if it could be designed to be relatively slim fitting. ApproximatelySpeck Candyshell size would be perfect. At the moment I have two phones. I used to swap out the sim until I lost one of them. Neither of those solutions are ideal for me.

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
If it is not thick like Mophie juice pack, so it is nice to have something like this in the stores. But personally I dont buy it because If I wanna travel to another country just insert a new sim.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
imore posted something like this around April of 2011. It was meant for the iphone 4. I'm not sure if anything came after that.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe that was a case that included a 'sim card wallet' where you could store sims for easy swapping... this proposes to have two sims that the phone could actively switch between... a novel idea if they can pull it off.

Manny_Manchego

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
There is a kick starter project right now to do this. It's kind of interesting as the case comes with an app to let you interchange the sims on the fly

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ideally, what I would like is one phone that could accept or make calls on either number without having to initialise one sim and deactivate the other. In effect, both sims are live all the time. I realise this is probably a pipe dream though...

For my work, this would be absolutely invaluable and would stop me having to cart two phones around with me.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ideally, what I would like is one phone that could accept or make calls on either number without having to initialise one sim and deactivate the other. In effect, both sims are live all the time. I realise this is probably a pipe dream though...

For my work, this would be absolutely invaluable and would stop me having to cart two phones around with me.
Same here. I would love this. I had been forwarding calls from one to the other but that doesn't help me with texting.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe that was a case that included a 'sim card wallet' where you could store sims for easy swapping... this proposes to have two sims that the phone could actively switch between... a novel idea if they can pull it off.

New Vooma Peel case brings dual SIM slots to the iPhone 4 and 4S [jailbreak] | iMore.com

http://forums.imore.com/accessories/210157-2phone-dual-standby-sim-case-iphone-4-here.html

Neither of those are the one I originally saw. Both have two lines. It's been pulled off. It just apparently didn't take off as well as hoped.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll