Finally got my iphone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear it!! It's a great phone!!

Yes it is, and even though I played with it when it was initially released, I obviously was out of my mind or something...;)....Seriously, I was so content with the 4S that I failed to fully grasp the improvements that the 5 brings and that just shows how great of a job Apple did with the 4S. Anyway, the 5 is absolutely wonderful and I'm glad I got it.

Last edited:

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Is it so much faster and smoother. And I love how its thinner and taller. Just feels better. And I too came from 4s. Enjoy!

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
You act as if the next iteration of iPhone is remotely close...the truth is, who knows when the next iPhone is going to come? It could be June, it could be Sept./Oct. again...in that case you're talking 6 months plus, and to some, that's a pretty lengthy wait for a new device. He said he only wanted the upgrade for LTE, and i can almost guarantee that whatever the next iPhone is, it will be nearly identical when it comes to LTE data performance, and if that's what he was primarily concerned with, what's the point in waiting?
Yeah I feel the same way, I was thinking of sitting on my upgrade, but I got a black 32 GB and I'm loving the heck out of it. In fact I haven't much put it down while I am awake since I got it. There is always going to be a newest and greatest, until we have a ship date for the "5S" there's no use in worrying about a new phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You'll REALLY see the differences if you go back and try to use the 4S now...using my work phone sucks in comparison, and it's thrown off my ability to type on it because of the screen size and orientation difference.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out.

Ill do it. Even when this phone does it's craziness.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 arrived at around noon today so I took some time to update it to iOS 6.1.3 and play around with it and the verdict is this: I am TICKED that I didn't get it sooner. I underestimated its speed & fluidity in doing normal everyday smartphone stuff. Anyway, I got it, I'm enjoying it, and like my 4S, it just works!

Congrats on the new device. Glad you're enjoying it!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is, and even though I played with it when it was initially released, I obviously was out of my mind or something...;)....Seriously, I was so content with the 4S that I failed to fully grasp the improvements that the 5 brings and that just shows how great of a job Apple did with the 4S. Anyway, the 5 is absolutely wonderful and I'm glad I got it.

I did not know you jumped on the iPhone 5. Way to go 'D and is it really that much over your 4s that you said you were content with? :p Oh you did say you were out of your mind!!! LOL

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You can definitely see a big difference when going back to a 4s, I was using my sister's 4s and it was a bigger difference than I remembered.

While I would actually prefer the screen to be about 4.5 inches, but the size now is still good if only it was just a little wider I think it could be pretty close to perfect.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did not know you jumped on the iPhone 5. Way to go 'D and is it really that much over your 4s that you said you were content with? :p Oh you did say you were out of your mind!!! LOL

Oh, make no mistake about it, I stand by my comments regarding the 4S. That device is straight up awesome. Period! The iPhone 5 is faster in every area. That doesn't mean that the 4S is slow because it is not, but those early real-world speed comparisons doesn't do the iPhone 5 any justice. I still prefer the weight of the 4S, but I'm starting to get accustomed to the lighter weight of the 5. Both devices are top tier and worth having, but right now, I'm an iPhone 5 user and I am going to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the 4S.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out. I am holding out.

Ill do it. Even when this phone does it's craziness.

I just got the 5 because my current phone was nearly unusable. I would like to have held out for the 5s, but I just can't stand having a phone in such poor shape. Kudos to you if you have that kind of self control. 😉

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations!! You will love it! I love mine and usually unable to keep from buying the latest and greatest from Apple and passing the earlier device to my wife! I love the iCloud!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro