iphone 5 for expats.intl travel . confused

globlanomad

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi..

So , I finally decided to get an iphone since I'm now workingi n Europe where the apps etc are useful.

I decided to buy an unlocked iphone 5 because I move around a lot. Since it's cheaper in the US my friend went to buy me one today and it will bring it over for me. However, there are two models - A128 (no LTE but can get replaced.fixed in europe) or A129 (LTE but can't be fixed/replaced in europe). She got the A128 but can change it tomorrow if it wasn't the best option.

I have no idea what LTE is. I will be using it in the Netherlands for the next 9-12 month, after that I'm not sure, maybe someplace in Africa or Asia in an undeveloped place, or maaaybe NYC or could be the UK.

Can anyone advise on the best model for this ? Is LTE important?

I'm reallly confused.

Many thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi..

So , I finally decided to get an iphone since I'm now workingi n Europe where the apps etc are useful.

I decided to buy an unlocked iphone 5 because I move around a lot. Since it's cheaper in the US my friend went to buy me one today and it will bring it over for me. However, there are two models - A128 (no LTE but can get replaced.fixed in europe) or A129 (LTE but can't be fixed/replaced in europe). She got the A128 but can change it tomorrow if it wasn't the best option.

I have no idea what LTE is. I will be using it in the Netherlands for the next 9-12 month, after that I'm not sure, maybe someplace in Africa or Asia in an undeveloped place, or maaaybe NYC or could be the UK.

Can anyone advise on the best model for this ? Is LTE important?

I'm reallly confused.

Many thanks!

You can read about LTE HERE. As for which model to get, I recommend getting the LTE model for faster internet connections and because you don't know where you'll end up next. You might as well have the most capable device, just in case.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjamison2387