Unusal Problem with my iPhone 5

SwanseaJack91

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I would really appreciate any help with this unusal problem.

Firstly, my iPhone 5 would not charge. I tried connecting to iTunes and it would not connect. So I bought a new cable. It still wouldn't work, so I tried a different adapter in different ports of the house but no such luck. It would only charge when the phone was OFF. After hours of diagnostics with Apple Support, they agreed to send a replacement phone.

But I am encountering the exact same problem with this phone. I even tried taking the SIM out and connecting but its the same. In summary, I have ruled out the following:

- USB Cable (I've replaced it twice and it charges when off)
- Phone (I've had a replacement)
- SIM (Tried it without SIM, still the same problem).

I also couldn't backup my phone before replacement due to an inability to connect, and now I can't restore from a previous backup because, again, I can't connect to iTunes.

Any help on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you initially purchased your iPhone 5, did the lightning cable charge it like it was suppose to whether on or off? When you got your replacement iPhone 5, did it initially charge like it was suppose to? Do you have an Apple Store nearby? If so, I suggest you take it to one of the geniuses at the nearby Apple Store along with your lightning cable & connector and have them check it out for you. Also, have you attempted to charge your device at a location other than your home?

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it an official apple lightning cable? I got a few aftermarket lightning cables and they all work sporadically. Some only charge, some only sync, some only work sometimes. I went and bought extra official lightning cords despite the costly $20 price tag. It may also be the usb charger itself. If using a .25amp charger it may not charge the ip5 properly.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234