Cant send picture messages from iphone 5

lynzylou

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am unable to send any picture messages from iphone 5. I can receive them but when I try and send it says "Not delivered." Any ideas please? Thanks

Christina Martinez1

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
i started having this exact issue today. i can send messages and recieve them. heck i can even recieve pictures and i cant send them. ive tried everything. soft reset. ##update#. reset network settings... ugh

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If they do come back, I was having a similar situation with the iPhone 5 on Verizon.

Picture messages via SMS were hit and miss. Sometimes they'd send, usually they wouldn't. I could temporarily get around this by powering down and turning it back on. The problems didn't effect iMessages, just SMS.

I fixed it simply by restoring the phone as new. I hadn't done that. Something with the backup from 4 to 5 didn't play nice. Give it a try.

cninki

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'l respond!
Same issue.
Bought unlocked from Apple, iPhone 5. After 6.1.2 upgrade---cannot send picture messages. I'm on t-mobile.
All the advice on tmo forums don't work.

about to chuck it!!

anon(4681724)

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problem. I sold my old ATT IPhone 3GS to a T-mo user and she didn't have any probs. AT&T unlocked it for me since had completed my commitment with them. Have been thinking about an ip5 so I can jailbreak before new iOS hits the street but I don't have any issues with my jB ip4 on 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have iPhone 5 on T-Mobile and no issues at all. My HSPA+ data speeds are much faster than my Verizon LTE. Getting 20mb down and 5 up during the day, faster after around 7:00pm. T-Mobile's LTE hardware is ready to go, loving it. Got off the subject, I can send pictures over text message without a problem.
PS bought the iPhone 5 in white with 64gb of storage.
Vinny

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've actually been having a strange issue lately where none of the picture and/or video messages I send OR receive will come through iMessage. I will be in the middle of talking to someone over iMessage and suddenly the moment either myself or the person on the other end tries to send a picture or a video, it will default back to SMS for that individual message. Unsure if it's related, but kind of annoying.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've actually been having a strange issue lately where none of the picture and/or video messages I send OR receive will come through iMessage. I will be in the middle of talking to someone over iMessage and suddenly the moment either myself or the person on the other end tries to send a picture or a video, it will default back to SMS for that individual message. Unsure if it's related, but kind of annoying.

My wife and I had that problem. She was in the hospital with her 5c. I sent her a pic, but it said "not delivered" and showed green. When I got to the hospital, I did a soft reset on her phone and that worked. I've had similar issues like this before. They are carrier network problems. Resets, including "reset network settings", usually work. If reset network did not work, I would call my carrier before restoring my phone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5