iPhone 5, 5 months later

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for four months as of yesterday. It's my first iPhone and I wish I'd got one years ago - I love it to death and already I cannot imagine using any other brand of smartphone. It's fast, smooth and 'just works' - my former Galaxy S had no end of glitches and hangups, some hardware related, others down to the bugginess of Android.

I think Apple are slightly missing Steve Jobs' influence at the moment (for instance, I don't think he'd have released Apple Maps in the state it was at launch), but I can't wait to see what Jony Ive does with iOS, although it may be iOS 8 before we see the full fruits of his labours.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
First time in a long time I'm not looking at switching to another device. Love this phone so much. So glad I got the 64 GB model and glad that I have it Verizon. I'm definitely keeping this until the iPhone 6 comes out. No 5S for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Iamdunne

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Have had multiple androids and tried a windows phone briefly but I am happiest with this. Love it even more since jail breaking it.

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Love it! LTE is great, especially for the hotspot. My battery life is 2x my 4s, and is surprises me to hear people complain about it. I get 1.5 to 2 full days and I am a heavy user. I am on wifi a lot however.

The screen did not really do much to me, but the speed of the processor is nice.

Very reliable phone, which is key.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I love it. It's my 4th iPhone and 6th cellphone and it's the best iPhone yet. The screen size and design is perfect. It was a gutsy move for Apple to change things up after years of sameness, but I'm glad they did. I wish every app developer would optimize their apps for the screen size.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
To the OP:

When I am here, I want to be *here* rather than following links to posters' personal site(s). Kind of the point of the thread - and of the whole forum. And yeah, I want to read through the whole forum to see many viewpoints, not just one. The occasional link deep within a thread is one thing. Starting a new thread with a link out to your own site comes off differently (intent notwithstanding), and not all that well. If you want to blog, blog. If you come to a forum, the whole point is to share it here.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm still enjoying the 5 tremendously. One little thing I think I missed initially is that it appears that your usage/standby times don't automatically become the dashes when you power off. Seems that only happens when you restart via home+awake! This is a VERY good thing.

Danegre

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I get mine hopefully next week. Going to wait to the display protector and case comes before I go buy it. Getting Applecare too this time. I had to get my 4 replaced twice. Once for the home button not working. Then with the refurb unit, the volume rocker quit working 17 days after the warranty. Apple still replaced it. So once I get the 5, I have it for how ever long. I want it for LTE

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I love it.

Had the Galaxy S II for a couple months and then pre-ordered the iPhone 5. Got it the second day it came out. I had to have it replaced twice (dead pixel and light leaking) and both times Apple was more than happy to provide me with a brand new unit. I love how fast the actual phone is, LTE (although it's a battery drainer), the apps, the camera, pretty much everything.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am still happy with my iPhone 5. It's not the best phone out there, it's not the best OS out there. I switched to Verizon and sorely miss call waiting and simultaneous voice/data. I only switched providers because the company pays Verizon, but not AT&T bills. I wanted LTE, so the choice was simple.

iOS needs to get the ball rolling though. There are several features that competitors have that Apple could improve upon.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I decided to sell the 5 and got a GS3. Android is alight but do miss iOS apps. Main reason I left iOS is because of iTunes you were tied down to it to add items to your phone and removable battery which I'm a heavy user and got a extended battery which lasts all day for me.

Sent via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711