Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts

Default iPhone 5, 5 months later

First time in a long time I'm not looking at switching to another device. Love this phone so much. So glad I got the 64 GB model and glad that I have it Verizon. I'm definitely keeping this until the iPhone 6 comes out. No 5S for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Have had multiple androids and tried a windows phone briefly but I am happiest with this. Love it even more since jail breaking it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,394 Global Posts

Love it! LTE is great, especially for the hotspot. My battery life is 2x my 4s, and is surprises me to hear people complain about it. I get 1.5 to 2 full days and I am a heavy user. I am on wifi a lot however.

The screen did not really do much to me, but the speed of the processor is nice.

Very reliable phone, which is key.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

I love it. It's my 4th iPhone and 6th cellphone and it's the best iPhone yet. The screen size and design is perfect. It was a gutsy move for Apple to change things up after years of sameness, but I'm glad they did. I wish every app developer would optimize their apps for the screen size.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 5, 5 months later

To the OP:

When I am here, I want to be *here* rather than following links to posters' personal site(s). Kind of the point of the thread - and of the whole forum. And yeah, I want to read through the whole forum to see many viewpoints, not just one. The occasional link deep within a thread is one thing. Starting a new thread with a link out to your own site comes off differently (intent notwithstanding), and not all that well. If you want to blog, blog. If you come to a forum, the whole point is to share it here.
    kch50428 likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,868 Global Posts

I'm still enjoying the 5 tremendously. One little thing I think I missed initially is that it appears that your usage/standby times don't automatically become the dashes when you power off. Seems that only happens when you restart via home+awake! This is a VERY good thing.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

I get mine hopefully next week. Going to wait to the display protector and case comes before I go buy it. Getting Applecare too this time. I had to get my 4 replaced twice. Once for the home button not working. Then with the refurb unit, the volume rocker quit working 17 days after the warranty. Apple still replaced it. So once I get the 5, I have it for how ever long. I want it for LTE
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I love it.

Had the Galaxy S II for a couple months and then pre-ordered the iPhone 5. Got it the second day it came out. I had to have it replaced twice (dead pixel and light leaking) and both times Apple was more than happy to provide me with a brand new unit. I love how fast the actual phone is, LTE (although it's a battery drainer), the apps, the camera, pretty much everything.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,735 Global Posts

I am still happy with my iPhone 5. It's not the best phone out there, it's not the best OS out there. I switched to Verizon and sorely miss call waiting and simultaneous voice/data. I only switched providers because the company pays Verizon, but not AT&T bills. I wanted LTE, so the choice was simple.

iOS needs to get the ball rolling though. There are several features that competitors have that Apple could improve upon.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

I decided to sell the 5 and got a GS3. Android is alight but do miss iOS apps. Main reason I left iOS is because of iTunes you were tied down to it to add items to your phone and removable battery which I'm a heavy user and got a extended battery which lasts all day for me.

Sent via Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12