Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Default - Should it be renamed Apple don't care ?

I've had two replacements this week under warranty. Both iPhone 5's. I had a speaker go bad on my month old i5, and my replacement had a shoddy display. Took it back and got another one right away in perfect condition. Helps I'm a Joint Venture customer . Even before that though, I've had countless high quality replacements, with the occasional turd thrown in. Just go back again until you get one you like .
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

They have always been pretty good to me. I will say my brother in law had to exchange his iPhone 5 a couple of weeks ago and they did it without any problems.

But the guy handling the phone kept dropping it down on the table pretty hard. I would have said something if it was mine. ;-)
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Htc, apple, & motorola have always giving me excellent service on phone replacements! With that being said, if you act like a fool they tend to treat you like the dirt beneath their feet.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,975 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: - Should it be renamed Apple don't care ?

I hate to shock the OP of this thread but this is pretty much standard practice in just about every industry. For example network equipment, say Cisco. Once your 90 day warranty is up and you use their SMARTnet coverage (similar to AppleCare) you get a refurbished device, doesn't matter if that device is $500 or $100,000 module its refurbished and that means it comes from many places but it is retested and certified so you are getting a fully functional replacement.

If every manufacturer replaced an out of service part like an iPhone with a brand new one and never refurbished them for warranty replacements then Apple certainly wouldn't have $135 Billion in CASH sitting around. Seriously though, this has been an issue in other countries where it is not legal and Apple has taken heat for it. Fortunately we are not in China where its far worse.

Of course with the sheer number of faulty power/sleep buttons and dinged up cases I would not be too jazzed on getting it replaced under warranty, makes you wonder if any of these "new" ones are refurbs.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12