- Should it be renamed Apple don't care ?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just about every company gives refurbs .. People will argue whether apple gives a refurb or not.. Sometimes apple gives new ones in the black boxes but yes they give refurbs why do you think apple should give you a new charger and ear buds? Name another company that you can walk into a store and exchange on the spot..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Yup, and there are going to be passive aggressive whiners who soil their pants every time apple is criticized. Waaaaaaaah!!!!!! Don't say anything bad about my daddy! Waaaaaah!!!!!!! :)

Get over it, apple is not perfect. They make TONS of mistakes, even in the area of customer service. Of course, to you, an apple worshiper and boot licker, they can do no wrong. Ever. This type of delusion is sad and pathetic, but that's your problem, not anyone else's. :)

To the OP...you represent your argument in a very odd way. You say this...

...but you arnt giving them a shiny, new iPhone...when you go in for a replacement, you're giving them a broken iPhone that is not functioning and/or is not in the condition it was when you opened the box, or even in the same condition as the one they are giving you as a replacement...otherwise, what would be the point of going to them for a replacement in the first place? Apple is giving you a replacement for nearly ANY issues with the phone that isn't caused by negligence (and sometimes, even FROM negligence!) I'll be honest with you, of the consumer electronic devices i have owned over the years, I'm hard pressed to think of ONE that does the same.

Apple tops customer satisfaction charts year in and year out...your ridiculous thread title not only has zero legitimacy, it doesn't reflect the experience from Apple at all. As it has been said in other threads...some people just arnt pleased with anything...thankfully, most of us in the real world understand good service when we see it, which is why so many of us love our Apple products.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yup, and there are going to be passive aggressive whiners who soil their pants every time apple is criticized. Waaaaaaaah!!!!!! Don't say anything bad about my daddy! Waaaaaah!!!!!!! :)

Get over it, apple is not perfect. They make TONS of mistakes, even in the area of customer service. Of course, to you, an apple worshiper and boot licker, they can do no wrong. Ever. This type of delusion is sad and pathetic, but that's your problem, not anyone else's. :)

lets make out?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So far I have had 3 iphones replaced by Apple, all of them brand new, those " refurbished" iphones are the ones I keep using for two years with no issues whatsoever

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I'm on my 2nd iPhone 5, I wanted to wait awhile before replacing mine. I dropped it September 28, exactly 7 days after waiting to buy one. I did not get a full brand new iPhone 5 with box and all. They gave me just a new phone. It was mainly one corner was nasty, but I was having some connectivity issues as well. Hell, the Apple genius tried to talk me out, talk me out, meaning Apple gets a little less money, talk me out of getting the replacement. And honestly, there's not much difference. Now my wifi doesn't always immediately reconnect after turning on the screen, not enough to fret about, and my home button is a little indented, again, not really enough to fret about.

Typed from my Apple Care replaced iPhone 5.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I've had two replacements this week under warranty. Both iPhone 5's. I had a speaker go bad on my month old i5, and my replacement had a shoddy display. Took it back and got another one right away in perfect condition. Helps I'm a Joint Venture customer ;). Even before that though, I've had countless high quality replacements, with the occasional turd thrown in. Just go back again until you get one you like :).

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
They have always been pretty good to me. I will say my brother in law had to exchange his iPhone 5 a couple of weeks ago and they did it without any problems.

But the guy handling the phone kept dropping it down on the table pretty hard. I would have said something if it was mine. ;-)

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Htc, apple, & motorola have always giving me excellent service on phone replacements! With that being said, if you act like a fool they tend to treat you like the dirt beneath their feet.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I hate to shock the OP of this thread but this is pretty much standard practice in just about every industry. For example network equipment, say Cisco. Once your 90 day warranty is up and you use their SMARTnet coverage (similar to AppleCare) you get a refurbished device, doesn't matter if that device is $500 or $100,000 module its refurbished and that means it comes from many places but it is retested and certified so you are getting a fully functional replacement.

If every manufacturer replaced an out of service part like an iPhone with a brand new one and never refurbished them for warranty replacements then Apple certainly wouldn't have $135 Billion in CASH sitting around. Seriously though, this has been an issue in other countries where it is not legal and Apple has taken heat for it. Fortunately we are not in China where its far worse.

Of course with the sheer number of faulty power/sleep buttons and dinged up cases I would not be too jazzed on getting it replaced under warranty, makes you wonder if any of these "new" ones are refurbs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2