Got my iphone back last night.

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had the iphone 4 and then the 4s which I kept for a year. Last month we stopped by the verizon store just to check out whats new. I fell in love with the droid DNA by HTC. I sold my I phone 4s and picked up a dna. It was awesome. Super fast with a 5 inch 1080p screen that looked great watching netflix or youtube. The camera was great too and took super fast beautiful pictures. After a few days I got a no sim card error. I removed the sim and reinstalled and that went away. Then while driving home one day with it in my pocket, it started to ring softly but out of the earpiece and not my ringtone. I had to reboot it to get it to stop. Next came the wifi errors where I would have to erase my home network and reinstall it in the phone to get wifi. At my sons basketball game Saturday it started ringing again, so I had to do the reboot again. By now I'm pissed. Verizon said "We have had no complaints on that phone for those things." I'm always the first one I guess. Try googling " Droid DNA wont stop ringing" and see if I'm the only one. Right. Anyway I found a link from a HTC forum that said it was an internal temperature alarm that the phone was overheating. I was done with it. I took it back and the guy helping me tried to replace it with a new one but I didn't want to take the chance. He said that VZW was pushing an update soon and that it might address this. I was done and returned it for and iphone 5. So far I feel like its a longer 4s, but thats not a bad thing. 4g is nice when I am in that area but I'm not often. It feels good to be back on a phone I'm used to. Iphone for me at least, just works. It may not be the latest and greatest but at least I dont have to work on it. Rant over, thanks for listening.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I've had the iphone 4 and then the 4s which I kept for a year. Last month we stopped by the verizon store just to check out whats new. I fell in love with the droid DNA by HTC. I sold my I phone 4s and picked up a dna. It was awesome. Super fast with a 5 inch 1080p screen that looked great watching netflix or youtube. The camera was great too and took super fast beautiful pictures. After a few days I got a no sim card error. I removed the sim and reinstalled and that went away. Then while driving home one day with it in my pocket, it started to ring softly but out of the earpiece and not my ringtone. I had to reboot it to get it to stop. Next came the wifi errors where I would have to erase my home network and reinstall it in the phone to get wifi. At my sons basketball game Saturday it started ringing again, so I had to do the reboot again. By now I'm pissed. Verizon said "We have had no complaints on that phone for those things." I'm always the first one I guess. Try googling " Droid DNA wont stop ringing" and see if I'm the only one. Right. Anyway I found a link from a HTC forum that said it was an internal temperature alarm that the phone was overheating. I was done with it. I took it back and the guy helping me tried to replace it with a new one but I didn't want to take the chance. He said that VZW was pushing an update soon and that it might address this. I was done and returned it for and iphone 5. So far I feel like its a longer 4s, but thats not a bad thing. 4g is nice when I am in that area but I'm not often. It feels good to be back on a phone I'm used to. Iphone for me at least, just works. It may not be the latest and greatest but at least I dont have to work on it. Rant over, thanks for listening.

Glad ur fling is over 😜, welcome back

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Welcome home, my friend. :D

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That's the bad thing about Android. They make beautiful powerful devices with huge screens and all the capabilities in the world. But then they don't work as they should. Either the hardware fails or the software. Sometimes both. And you are stuck with the promise of an awesome device that never measures up. I continually find myself back on iOS after hoping that the newest Android device will finally be the one that gets it right. I recently had the Note 2 and I thought that was going to be the one. But it wasn't.

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
That's the bad thing about Android. They make beautiful powerful devices with huge screens and all the capabilities in the world. But then they don't work as they should. Either the hardware fails or the software. Sometimes both. And you are stuck with the promise of an awesome device that never measures up. I continually find myself back on iOS after hoping that the newest Android device will finally be the one that gets it right. I recently had the Note 2 and I thought that was going to be the one. But it wasn't.

Amen!

Jack Hard

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
This is the problem with Android. They are a very powerful device with large screens and capabilities in the world. But it does not work as it should. Either hardware or software failure. Sometimes both. And you're stuck with the promise of an amazing device that has never been the same. Constantly find new hope after IOS Android device, which will ultimately right. I recently took note 2 and thought I'd be alone. But it is not.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree that iOS works, I love my iPhone 5, but the services are lacking and we need actionable notifications. We need Bite SMS. As far as what's out there right now, BB10 looks real nice, but unless I win one I probably won't even get to look at one in person for a while. And another thing Apple does better than everyone else, color. I worked at a photo lab that specialized in color so I know color. Only the DNA comes close to iPhone for color.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree that iOS works, I love my iPhone 5, but the services are lacking and we need actionable notifications. We need Bite SMS. As far as what's out there right now, BB10 looks real nice, but unless I win one I probably won't even get to look at one in person for a while. And another thing Apple does better than everyone else, color. I worked at a photo lab that specialized in color so I know color. Only the DNA comes close to iPhone for color.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted

I was just looking at a review if the BB Z10. The phone looks sweet. I like the way the operating system works. I just worry about BlackBerry's staying power and app development.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I initially started my touch screen experience with android EVO it was a good phone then I got a 4S and every android flagship device on sprint well needless to say the iPhone is simple powerful and it works flawlessly for me at one point I switched to AT&T thinking maybe android would work better on a different carrier the Samsung note 2 lasted a day in my hands I am loyal now to the iPhone but really wished it had a 5 inch screen option

stevedee

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised, my wife loves her iP5 and iPad 2. I'm a BB guy with a PlayBook and the new Z10 - not quite the integrated mature experience of iOS, but it works for me.

Had to laugh at a store, the clerk whipped out his Note2 and ostentatiously brought up a screen to scrawl my name and request. I congratulated him on having a phone that did what my Windows Mobile phone from 2003 did with 1/3 the screen size.

So, welcome back to your comfort zone.

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Two days on the phone now and I'm happy. I will admit that it's not much of an upgrade from the 4s but at least it will get updates for so time to come. I do feel like the screen res looks a little better but it may be just me. All i all it's a solid device that does what I want it to. And in the otterbox defender case I have on it, I;m not scared to use it at work. Also it takes pictures much faster than my 4s.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Haha that was always Verizon's reply to me. "We have received no complaints of this phone restarting itself and shutting its self off" yet every one I know with the phone has had it replaced at least twice. This was back on the old lg envy 2 days lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice