Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By deletethispost
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Ringtone in limbo in iTunes and missing from iPhone after last iOS 6 update

I have a ringtone that I purchased that has now disappeared from my iPhone 5 after the last iOS 6 update. Anyone else have this issue?
    Last edited by deletethispost; 02-11-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: No reason
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-13-2013)

Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Default Re: Ringtone in limbo in iTunes and missing from iPhone after last iOS 6 update

You should be able to download it again from iTunes and it will not charge you. As long as you use the same AppleID from when you bought it the first time.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Ringtone in limbo in iTunes and missing from iPhone after last iOS 6 update

Quote Originally Posted by achildress View Post
    Is that true even if it has $1.29 on the download button in the iTunes store? I'm thinking that this means I will be charged another $1.29 to download it a second time. For all other things I have purchased in iTunes the button says PLAY instead of having the purchase price on it.
    Not sure about that for ringtones.

Delete it from iTunes and then drag the file back to it. See if it works then.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

You sure are upset over something you could easily get for free (and a few seconds of effort) on Zedge.com.

iTunes is probably the most simple and least confusing device hub that exists...that sucks you have such a hard time with it.

Seriously though, by the time you finished your first post, you could have had the ringtone loaded on your iPhone again and would have never had to get so upset over it, lol.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson