Man I love Apple's Customer Service...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed today when I took a photo with my iPhone 5, that there was a speck of something on/in the lens... I tried cleaning it and nothing worked. So I fired up the Apple Store app and made an appointment with the Genius Bar. I arrived 30 minutes early to a packed out Apple store and checked in Within 5 minutes I had a Genius at my side... showed him the issue and walked out of the store with a brand new iPhone 5 replacement ("new" not "refurb") TEN minutes before my appointment time.

No muss, no fuss, no "what did you do to it?"... just a friendly face willing to make it right. I?ve been an Apple fan for several years now, and will be for life.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, this has not been my experience. The so-called geniuses at the local apple store as actually dumb as rocks. The managers are only slightly less incompetent. It's embarrassing. I'd love to go in for 'advice' but their stupidity frightens me.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, this has not been my experience. The so-called geniuses at the local apple store as actually dumb as rocks. The managers are only slightly less incompetent. It's embarrassing. I'd love to go in for 'advice' but their stupidity frightens me.

Never had the experience maybe try a new apple store

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
No muss, no fuss, no "what did you do to it?"... just a friendly face willing to make it right. I’ve been an Apple fan for several years now, and will be for life.

Well done! Generally speaking, the excellent Apple after-sales service you experienced is quite normal. In my opinion, it's all down to your attitude when you visit the store. If you are polite, honest and don't try to give the impression that you know more than the staff, you will receive service that is second to none.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Even the best customer service in the world can't please some attitudes...I've never had a bad experience at an Apple store with the exception of a scheduling mix up with my appointment for a Macbook issue, and even that was rectified by another close Apple store within 10min. There are just some people in the world that look for issues...and they find it more often than not because of their own character.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
My issues have always been taken care of like the OP's. Can't get that at a carrier and it's a big reason we'll stay with iphones.

@flashhh This wasn't about how smart or knowledgeable the people at the stores are. To be honest, I have to agree with you a bit here. If you want advice, look to the internet.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn’t mean to imply that my service yesterday was not the norm. I have never had bad service at my Apple store (Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale, AZ). Only once have I ever had a Genius that was less that enthusiastic about his job...

But the advice to be honest and calm is sound... just wanted to give a shout out to both Adam and Doug at my Apple store.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Even the best customer service in the world can't please some attitudes...I've never had a bad experience at an Apple store with the exception of a scheduling mix up with my appointment for a Macbook issue, and even that was rectified by another close Apple store within 10min. There are just some people in the world that look for issues...and they find it more often than not because of their own character.

It's amazing that you're still butthurt that I called you out for your lack of knowledge of statistics. Passive aggressive much? :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing that you're still butthurt that I called you out for your lack of knowledge of statistics. Passive aggressive much? :)

Sean is correct in the post you quoted. And speaking of not getting over something... physician, heal thyself.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Even more amazing that i never specified anyone...yet you seemed to take the bait as planned. It makes it easy when you call yourself out...lol.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My issue with the Apple Store is that it's too LOUD! Cement floors and bare walls make for horrible acoustics when it's a packed house; which is always.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Well done! Generally speaking, the excellent Apple after-sales service you experienced is quite normal. In my opinion, it's all down to your attitude when you visit the store. If you are polite, honest and don't try to give the impression that you know more than the staff, you will receive service that is second to none.

SMH

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I noticed today when I took a photo with my iPhone 5, that there was a speck of something on/in the lens... I tried cleaning it and nothing worked. So I fired up the Apple Store app and made an appointment with the Genius Bar. I arrived 30 minutes early to a packed out Apple store and checked in Within 5 minutes I had a Genius at my side... showed him the issue and walked out of the store with a brand new iPhone 5 replacement ("new" not "refurb") TEN minutes before my appointment time.

No muss, no fuss, no "what did you do to it?"... just a friendly face willing to make it right. I?ve been an Apple fan for several years now, and will be for life.

Was the dust causing the pictures to come out weird or was it just there?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Was the dust causing the pictures to come out weird or was it just there?

Not sure. it was irregularly shaped and kind of a dark, muddy brown... didn’t look like dust to me, but who knows. Just glad to know that Apple stands behind their products the way they do. Makes one proud to own their stuff.

millk18

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. it was irregularly shaped and kind of a dark, muddy brown... didn’t look like dust to me, but who knows. Just glad to know that Apple stands behind their products the way they do. Makes one proud to own their stuff.

I had something similar with my iPhone 5. It was a dark spot. I first thought it was something on the lens. I cleaned it with a microfiber sheet and with a cotton swab. No change. Then I realized the spot moved with the field of vision as I zoomed the pictures in and out. I took it to the Apple Store. The Genius said is was not repairable and gave me a new iPhone 5. No fuss, no muss. Thank you, Apple!

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Never had an issue with Apple customer service, whether it be for a computer or mobile device. They have always been more than happy to repair or replace things if there is a legitimate issue. Heck, I took my macbook in to inquire about a very minor issue and they ended up replacing the bottom case, without asking. Anyone that has a bad experience in an Apple store is probably asking the impossible or being very unrealistic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal