Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gameson
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    896 Global Posts

Default Where to buy OEM replacement parts? Notably the screen assembly and the battery

I believe these two are the most replaced part of an iPhone, the screen and the battery. Anyone know where I can buy the OEM part? not aftermarket?

Thanks.
    iMore Pro

Default Where to buy OEM replacement parts? Notably the screen assembly and the battery

You cannot purchase OEM parts. Apple suppliers do not make these available. All you can purchase are third party parts.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: Where to buy OEM replacement parts? Notably the screen assembly and the battery

From what I've heard too, the iPhone 5 parts are still kind of difficult to get, much less at a cheaper parts rate...my buddy does iPhone and iPad repair on the side and he said since release, parts are not anywhere near as common and are still premium price, even to most dealers.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    896 Global Posts

Default Re: Where to buy OEM replacement parts? Notably the screen assembly and the battery

Thank you all. If that's the case, I guess my only option is to go to Apple for repair? Anyone know how much they quote a screen repair and their turn around time?

As for those experience with non OEM part (especially the LCD), is the glass also made of Gorilla Glass? How does the battery perform vs OEM?

I google 'iphone 5 oem battery' and this link shows up on the very top. Is this truly OEM?

Thanks.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Try this site. Probably gonna be your best bet -

Boom right here get ya self a gold one haha.

Go to LCD screens on the left then select apple. Or just use the search bar. Keep in mind this is an over seas supplier so shipping takes about 2 weeks. They're good though.
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    896 Global Posts

Thanks, iRy757. It looks like it's not possible to buy OEM LCD, but OEM battery is possible? From the link I post and your link, both claims OEM battery but both do not claim OEM LCD...
    iRy757 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

iFixit sell OEM parts.
    iMore Nanite

Hi,

I had replaced my iPhone 4 screen using s third party screen.

Now, when I updated the firmware to the latest version, the phone stopped working.

Is this normal ? Does the firmware update process check for original parts and Third party parts ?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Pugal
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I alway buy OEM parts on witrigs.com