Email set-up question.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, right now I have 2 personal emails (a gmail for all my google accounts and apps, and an AIM email that I've always used as my main personal email as a kid) and my university email. I like keeping those grouped together in 'all inboxes'. So, all is good so far, but...

I'm creating a new email for a club I'm starting and I want to have that email on my device but have it separate from my other 3. I haven't found a way to single out one email address from all inboxes.

The new email for the club will be a gmail, so would it be better to download the gmail app (I use iOS's mail app for my personal gmail) and use that for the club email and not add it to my iPhone mail accounts? Or will doing this possibly mess up the other google apps I've downloaded and logged into on my iPhone with my personal gmail (YouTube, maps etc)?

Thanks for any info!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are trying to keep it separate the only way is to use the gmail app. If you put it in regular mail it will appear in "all mailboxes". The gmail app is not terrible and should do the trick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
back when i had my blackberry, the main messages folder was similar to this "catch all" inbox. i personally hate it. i have 5 emails set up on my iphone/ipod/ipad and enjoy being able to view them separately and not all in one inbox, as it can be a confusing mess.

maybe when you want to check that specific mailbox, just get into the habit of viewing its inbox, as opposed to the all.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are trying to keep it separate the only way is to use the gmail app. If you put it in regular mail it will appear in "all mailboxes". The gmail app is not terrible and should do the trick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's probably what I will end up doing, thanks!

back when i had my blackberry, the main messages folder was similar to this "catch all" inbox. i personally hate it. i have 5 emails set up on my iphone/ipod/ipad and enjoy being able to view them separately and not all in one inbox, as it can be a confusing mess.

maybe when you want to check that specific mailbox, just get into the habit of viewing its inbox, as opposed to the all.

Funny thing is, that is one thing I loved about my BlackBerry. And not just emails, but it had all notification messages in one place (facebook, twitter, IM clients, BBM, texts and emails). I like looking at my 2 personal and my university email in one place, but I just want to keep this one club email separate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711