Should i replace black with white?

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a black iphone 5...but i always use a bumper or case on it though i hate to use because its sides gets scratched preety easily...i noticed few scuffs on the first day while putting on a case....
Now i want to go naked on it but i have seen many people phones who use them without any case...and it seems as if they rape their phones daily haha...
So now i decided to replace it with a white on
I just want to know does white one also gets scratched easily without case...
I love black more but i cant use it with case...
So ill go bare with white one
Is it a right move?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The white is not anodized the the black. Yes the white and silver can still scratch but it won't be as obvious.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Stick with black. You know you want too. So it gets a few scratches...stop taking your case off and you won't scratch it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Stick with black. You know you want too. So it gets a few scratches...stop taking your case off and you won't scratch it.

You're right. And that's why I don't use those types of cases. They scratch any phone you use them with simply by putting them on or taking them off. Pouch cases is the way to go.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have to say though, I just got my iPhone 5 two weeks ago. I was very concerned after seeing all the pics and videos of how easily they scratch due to the colors being painted.

But in my quest for the perfect case I gathered zero scratches or scuffs. Some removals were kind of rough and I thought for sure the sides would be scratched. Maybe the painting process has been improved lately and it's a little more durable now.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have to say though, I just got my iPhone 5 two weeks ago. I was very concerned after seeing all the pics and videos of how easily they scratch due to the colors being painted.

But in my quest for the perfect case I gathered zero scratches or scuffs. Some removals were kind of rough and I thought for sure the sides would be scratched. Maybe the painting process has been improved lately and it's a little more durable now.

I don't think it's ever been that easy to scratch. Honestly I think it just depends on the person and how they take care of their things. Everyone is different.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
People who put phones in their jean pockets should realize that some jeans are stonewashed
with small pebbles and sometimes those small pebbles still need to be cleaned out of the
front pockets.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone is scratched right out of the box, so it's not an issue of how the phone has been handled. The store employee was NOT gentle. She slapped the box, and slammed it upside down, well slam is the wrong word, but she was less than gentle while the phone was in the case. Even so, a new phone should be able to withstand some jostling in the box, no?

I'm getting tired of trying to acquire a black iphone without blemishes and I'm on the verge of giving up as it doesn't seem to be worth my time.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My phone is scratched right out of the box, so it's not an issue of how the phone has been handled. The store employee was NOT gentle. She slapped the box, and slammed it upside down, well slam is the wrong word, but she was less than gentle while the phone was in the case. Even so, a new phone should be able to withstand some jostling in the box, no?

I'm getting tired of trying to acquire a black iphone without blemishes and I'm on the verge of giving up as it doesn't seem to be worth my time.

If it was like that out of the box I'd return it for a new one. A new phone should be flawless. Other's may not agree with me but they are not paying for it so... Moral of the story, if you are not happy with the product don't stop replacing it until you are.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I bought the black one first, and immediately noticed the scuffs on the aluminum out of box. Simplest solution? I took it back and got a white one, which I find I like better anyway. All the hullabaloo over the black model not being perfect out of the box is easily resolved the same way. It's well documented, so it's not like it comes as a surprise. That's the best advice I can offer anyone who's having out of box issues with the black model :).

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Also, Apple stores can be very liberal on their replacement policy. If black is the only color you can handle, keep hitting the Genius Bar until you're happy. I've had literally dozens of phones replaced for cosmetic issues over the years. Best customer service ever.

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
First time i went without a bumper on my black phone...and in the first ten minutes i dropped it and now have a dent on its side...
Its very slippery without bumper...
But as now my phone is not virgin anymore haha...
Ill go without any case...
Now i can feel its an iphone 5

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had a case on mine. I have the black one. At first I wanted to get the white one because I thought that it looked better and I also figured that it would hide scratches better. But after having the black, I have grown to prefer it. It just looks sweet. I don't really see any scratches or dents in it. But if I get scratches, it's no big deal. It has taken a lot if work to get to the point where scratches won't bother me. The phone feels and looks so good without a case. I don't think that I will put a case on another phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro