Iphone 5 unresponsiveness

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone!

I have had the iphone 5 for over a month now with no issues but as of lately it has gone none responsive on me in certain situations. I can move through the app I am currently on but the buttons because un responsive. I can't lock the scream or go back to the home screen. The volume buttons don't work either, nor does the vibrate/silent switch. The screen does not turn off. This happened the first time until I plugged it into the charger and it reacted after like a couple of seconds. Now it happened to me at work and I had to leave it like that until it came back on it's own.

Any idea what it could be? I was thinking of taking it in to get it checked out but I wanted to check with you guys first.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,
Valdesr11

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone!

I have had the iphone 5 for over a month now with no issues but as of lately it has gone none responsive on me in certain situations. I can move through the app I am currently on but the buttons because un responsive. I can't lock the scream or go back to the home screen. The volume buttons don't work either, nor does the vibrate/silent switch. The screen does not turn off. This happened the first time until I plugged it into the charger and it reacted after like a couple of seconds. Now it happened to me at work and I had to leave it like that until it came back on it's own.

Any idea what it could be? I was thinking of taking it in to get it checked out but I wanted to check with you guys first.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,
Valdesr11

You've only had it a month so take it to a nearby Apple Store and have it exchanged. That's what I'd do, but that's Just Me, D...:)

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
You've only had it a month so take it to a nearby Apple Store and have it exchanged. That's what I'd do, but that's Just Me, D...:)

Offtopic: Nice to see some Canes family on the forum!

I would take it in but if there is an easier solution, I would rather have a quick fix over having to turn in my iphone for another and having to transfer everything around.
If all else fails, I will though.

With android, I would just do a battery pull but with iphone, it's just sit there and wait it out. Sucks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Offtopic: Nice to see some Canes family on the forum!

I would take it in but if there is an easier solution, I would rather have a quick fix over having to turn in my iphone for another and having to transfer everything around.
If all else fails, I will though.

With android, I would just do a battery pull but with iphone, it's just sit there and wait it out. Sucks.

I understand. :) Having said that, iOS 6.1 has just been released so you might want to hook your iPhone to your computer, fire up iTunes and let it update your phone and since you're having problems, I recommend you restore it as new.

By the way, it's all about the U...:D

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I understand. :) Having said that, iOS 6.1 has just been released so you might want to hook your iPhone to your computer, fire up iTunes and let it update your phone and since you're having problems, I recommend you restore it as new.

By the way, it's all about the U...:D

All about the U!

I just updated it to 6.1. Even though I didn't see anything in the change log pertaining to my problem, lets see if it goes away. If not, I'll just restore it to factory settings.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you try and hold down the power switch to turn it off and back on again? If that cannot be done, try this:

Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
Hold them both until you see the screen go black. In some cases, you may need to keep holding them even after the red power off slider appears. If it does, just keep holding it.
Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.

If this works, then I would consider resetting the phone and reinstalling everything back on from scratch.

Or, just take it in.

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you try and hold down the power switch to turn it off and back on again? If that cannot be done, try this:

Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
Hold them both until you see the screen go black. In some cases, you may need to keep holding them even after the red power off slider appears. If it does, just keep holding it.
Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.

If this works, then I would consider resetting the phone and reinstalling everything back on from scratch.

Or, just take it in.

Trying to turn it off by holding the sleep button would not work either. I did not try the rebooting shortcut though. I'll try that next time. It has to be about the only thing I didn't try.

Thanks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It seriously sounds like you got a defective handset...I have had some very rare and inconsistent unresponsive moments, mainly after a very long phone call or something...but nothing like you've described.

Also, since you're a U fan...get bent. ;)

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
It seriously sounds like you got a defective handset...I have had some very rare and inconsistent unresponsive moments, mainly after a very long phone call or something...but nothing like you've described.

Also, since you're a U fan...get bent. ;)

Lol what do you mean by get bent?

But yeah, we will see. I feel like if my device was really defective, it would have been from day one. And it would have been a constant thing but its only happened twice thus far. And mever after a specific moment. Just random. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234