iPhone 5 battle damage: chips, dents, scratches, and more! [Photos]

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iphone_5_dents_hero.jpg

I use iPhone 5 cases intermittently when I'm testing or reviewing them, but most of the time my iPhone is as naked as the day Jony Ive designed it. I like the look. But I've dropped it on pavement a couple times now and have the chips and dings to show for it. That hasn't encouraged me to slap a permanent case on it any more than blaster fire and asteroid bumps encouraged Han Solo to slap a Corellian freighter bra on the Millennium Falcon, but I know not everyone shares my affection for aged and used objects. I know some people go nuts at even the thought of a hairline scratch...

That picture is my iPhone 5, four months later. What's yours looking like?

Drop a photo below of any battle damage you've managed to accrue!

raywongy

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
No real damage other than a few scratches.

But some nasty dirt got trapped inside of my white iPhone 5 and I can't get it out.

dirt-01-iphone-5.jpg
dirt-02-iphone-5.jpg

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine's sporting just a few minor signs of wear. No real scuffs or scratches. I roll naked most of the time (95% or more)...

daniebello

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a tiny hairline scuff on the chamfered edge which irks me just a tad, but I got this case and have left it on since. The only thing is I think I accidentally got a little "man juice" in my home button and it feels a little sticky when I push it, I don't know how to clean it without taking my iPhone apart :(

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have a tiny hairline scuff on the chamfered edge which irks me just a tad, but I got this case and have left it on since. The only thing is I think I accidentally got a little "man juice" in my home button and it feels a little sticky when I push it, I don't know how to clean it without taking my iPhone apart :(

Uh.....ok.....making your own movie?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine has a small nick on the left side but other than it's great!! Still rolling naked and wouldn't have it any other way!

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
some of the scratching after only this amount of time is very worrying.

I have mine just over 6 weeks now and the anodised aluminium is absolutely spotless. Has never been in a case and it is in and out of my pocket regularly. Mine even took a fairly heavy hit on the table too.

I actually think the early adopters got the short end of the stick as the anodising process was not optimised at that point and it improved after Apple doubled down on quality control.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Bwhaha man juice really lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Mines in perfect condition. It has never left its ultra thin incipio case and has been dropped 3 times from chest hight once on wood floor, once on concrete and the 3rd time in the apple store wilst I was in there exchanging my iPad mini which smashed face down 2 days after receiving it on Xmas day. Luckily I had an understanding Genius who prob saw how much money I had spent on apple products over the years lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711