iPhone 5 battle damage: chips, dents, scratches, and more! [Photos]

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a tiny hairline scuff on the chamfered edge which irks me just a tad, but I got this case and have left it on since. The only thing is I think I accidentally got a little "man juice" in my home button and it feels a little sticky when I push it, I don't know how to clean it without taking my iPhone apart :(

This is one of the most disturbing posts I've ever read. I'll second that comment about thinking twice before buying a used phone again. Seriously? That's just f-ed up. Why would you even post that? I'm glad you're that close with your iPhone, but you should probably keep that kind of love to yourself.

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the most disturbing posts I've ever read. I'll second that comment about thinking twice before buying a used phone again. Seriously? That's just f-ed up. Why would you even post that? I'm glad you're that close with your iPhone, but you should probably keep that kind of love to yourself.

I actually found his post a wee bit humorous.

To stay on topic -- My phone has been in a case since day 3, not a scratch on it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Lol. It shows it's been used.

On a more serious note I'm convinced the early adopters got the short end of the stick. My 6 week old naked iPhone 5 is spotless.

Perhaps. I got mine a week before Thanksgiving. I did notice a small scuff or two on the bezel.
I don't ever put my phone in my pocket if it's not alone. No keys, loose change...nothing.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The only thing is I think I accidentally got a little "man juice" in my home button and it feels a little sticky when I push it, I don't know how to clean it without taking my iPhone apart :(

Seriously man....bahahahahahaha!!! Time to invest in a LifeProof case or something similar.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine has a nick in the top by the home button. It came out of the box with it. The wife unit suggested I return it for an "undamaged" one. But knowing how fickle iPhone's can be I am not going to risk getting one with a mechanical defect just to fix a nick you can't even see while its in its case.

Sent from a small keyboard with fat fingers using the iMore app.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My black iphone 5 has scratches right out of the box. This is my second black 5. I may have to bring a digital camera with me for the next unboxing as proof.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the 5 chips easier and was harder to manufacture than past models. It will be interesting to see what Apple will does with the 5s. Maybe they will make some changes, similar to when they tweaked the antenna going from the 4 to the 4s because of "death grip" complaints.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It seems like the 5 chips easier and was harder to manufacture than past models. It will be interesting to see what Apple will does with the 5s. Maybe they will make some changes, similar to when they tweaked the antenna going from the 4 to the 4s because of "death grip" complaints.

I though Apple should have stayed with the steel bezel but they decided they wanted to go light and compromise quality with aluminum.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I though Apple should have stayed with the steel bezel but they decided they wanted to go light and compromise quality with aluminum.

I think you said it best there. They compromised quality with aluminum. I LOVE my iPhone. It's fantastic. I bought it off contract because I love it so much. But it pains me to say that they screwed up with this casing. They need to do something different with the next iPhone. I'm by no means wealthy and it is a lot of money to me to pay $900 off contract (after tax and AC+) to only have it show up at my door with scratches from the factory.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I personally love the design and build quality if the iPhone 5. I didn't have any scratches out of the box, but I do have a dead pixel in the center of my screen. It doesn't bother me though. And when I do get scratches on the casing, it won't be a big deal. There isn't a reason for me to put a case on this beautiful phone. It feels so good in the hand without the case.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I THINK I have a small tiny nick at the bottom of my phone near the headphone jack. I say this because sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't. I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me or not lol. I did notice that I have what looks like dirt by the bezel on my iPhone. Doesn't really bother me much.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine out of my dress shirt pocket in the freezing cold trying to get gas..it was naked as I was wearing a suit and if I was looking good my phone was going to also lol it fell onto the cement luckily only the back left at the bottom got 2 chunks out and somehow the left side near the antenna looks like I poked it somehow with a thumb tack...I have nearly 7 cases I think (my wife thinks I am crazy) this was one of the very few times I didn't have a case on it. Lesson learned. Still a little bummed that it got dented/chunks out so easily.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I dropped mine out of my dress shirt pocket in the freezing cold trying to get gas..it was naked as I was wearing a suit and if I was looking good my phone was going to also lol it fell onto the cement luckily only the back left at the bottom got 2 chunks out and somehow the left side near the antenna looks like I poked it somehow with a thumb tack...I have nearly 7 cases I think (my wife thinks I am crazy) this was one of the very few times I didn't have a case on it. Lesson learned. Still a little bummed that it got dented/chunks out so easily.

Your post made me get a case.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR