Camera question on iPhone 5.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, as usual before posting a thread, I did a search for this and checked back to October but couldn't find anything in specific. I want to start taking more "text book" photography pictures. Not to post them all over a blog or social network and call myself a professional, but just for myself as sort of a spontaneous hobby. I've always loved how people take pictures of a subject and it is the main focus of the picture, upfront, and everything behind and around it is blurry if you will. I was wondering if there is something I can do with the stock camera to do that or if I need a special app? I'm assuming it has something to do with the focus, but I want it to be noticeably blurry. Thanks in advance!

msteiner0539

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The effect you a looking for is called bokeh. Japanese for blur. This is achieved with a larger fstop. The lower the aperture the more the background blur. The best app I've found for this is procam. Works pretty well but no where near as good as a real camera of course.
Hope that helps.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The effect you a looking for is called bokeh. Japanese for blur. This is achieved with a larger fstop. The lower the aperture the more the background blur. The best app I've found for this is procam. Works pretty well but no where near as good as a real camera of course.
Hope that helps.

A history lesson and advice all in the same! Thank you!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The ProCam app does work rather well...it has a lot of options too. I got it for free on some other website and thought it to be a pretty decent 3rd party camera app.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never used procam but there are a variety of apps that let you apply this effect after the fact. Try using the Center Focus and Tilt Shift features of Snapseed, or the Big Lens app.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Here is an alternate method vs getting the desired result at the time the picture is taken. I used an app called picshop to alter the original and add blur to the background. Perhaps not exactly what you are looking for but I thought I'd share as an option.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358710065.814970.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358710079.497078.jpg

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the input. Finn that is a great alternative option, thanks for taking the time out to show. I went ahead and paid the buck for procam and it does what I was looking for pretty well as stated. Although I'm completely lost with all the options it has, it's pretty simple to adjust the focus to have the blur or "bokeh" effect. Thanks again everyone!

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I would have suggested snapseed. It's a rather comprehensive photo editing app that is now free, thanks to Google. But in the end, whether the app was free or paid for, as long as you get the results you need, so be it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The blurry camera effect appears naturally without an app when comparing to the blackberry 10 camera.

Really? You don't say......so you saw with your own eyes this blurriness that you speak of? Because you took pics with your iPhone and your BB10 device yourself?

Oh wait......

No BB10 devices have come out.....so you in fact have no idea what you're talking about. You're on this site posting nonsense looking for a reaction.....

Let's see.....what is the definition of "troll"......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2