How do I delete the uninstalled apps on my Purchased list in my iPhone 5?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So I installed some free apps from App Store. I preview and I do not want it. So I uninstalled them. But the app still show up on my purchased list in my iPhone 5 even though these apps are already deleted in my iTunes library and I do not see these apps everywhere in my iTunes but it's still showing up in my iPhone 5.

How do I get rid of it forever so it never show up in my Purchased list? What I want to see in my Purchased list is the list of apps that I have purchased ONLY, not apps that I have installed and uninstalled.

Thank you.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
For some reason it's not working but you used to be able to swipe right like deleting a message and a hide button would come up.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

markboyd

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Even if you delete it from the itunes on your computer it still shows up in the purchased list on your iphone or ipad. Does anyone know how to delete apps from purchased list on your iphone or ipad? Are there file management apps that let you delete files off your iphone or ipad (ifile?)? Or do you have to jailbreak your phone?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Even if you delete it from the itunes on your computer it still shows up in the purchased list on your iphone or ipad. Does anyone know how to delete apps from purchased list on your iphone or ipad? Are there file management apps that let you delete files off your iphone or ipad (ifile?)? Or do you have to jailbreak your phone?

If you follow the link in the post above yours, you'll see that it suggests you can hide them via iTunes, which is different than just deleting them:

"Disappointing, but the swipe-to-hide function does not seem to have made it to IOS 6.

However, there is a workaround. You can still hide purchases via itunes. If I remember correctly, there's a section for "Purchases" under the "Store" area. You can view purchased apps for all devices on your account. Click an app icon, then click the (X) that appears in the corner. iTunes will ask if you want to hide it."

markboyd

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! but I deleted it on itunes and the app no longer appears there. So how can I select it to hide it?

Last edited:

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm doing something wrong iTunes only displays the apps actually installed on your phone and not the uninstalled ones. Purchases seems to be missing from the Store tab and I cannot find a way for iTunes to display uninstalled purchases to hide them in this manner. Is it possible the newest version of iTunes is unable to hide uninstalled purchases as well?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In iTunes, under the "Quick-links" you'll see a link to "Purchased" - that's where you can see all the stuff you bought... to see hidden purchases, you have to go to your iTunes Account page... and in the iTunes in the Cloud section is an option to view hidden purchases.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Unless I'm doing something wrong iTunes only displays the apps actually installed on your phone and not the uninstalled ones. Purchases seems to be missing from the Store tab and I cannot find a way for iTunes to display uninstalled purchases to hide them in this manner. Is it possible the newest version of iTunes is unable to hide uninstalled purchases as well?

Do you buy all you apps on your phone? If so, have you ever transferred them to your computer? My iTunes library shows every app I've ever bought, which is about 100 more than I have on my phone. In the latest iTunes I just go to the upper right corner where it says Library and choose Apps to see it all.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
In iTunes, under the "Quick-links" you'll see a link to "Purchased" - that's where you can see all the stuff you bought... to see hidden purchases, you have to go to your iTunes Account page... and in the iTunes in the Cloud section is an option to view hidden purchases.

Thanks! Worked like a charm! I was in the wrong spot.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you buy all you apps on your phone? If so, have you ever transferred them to your computer? My iTunes library shows every app I've ever bought, which is about 100 more than I have on my phone. In the latest iTunes I just go to the upper right corner where it says Library and choose Apps to see it all.

I had absolutely no idea about this. I do purchase all apps on my phone and was wondering about the discrepancy between downloaded apps on my pc vs iPhone once I finally located and began to hide them. Transferring the last few now. Seems some transferred automatically and some didn't. Thanks for the helpful tip!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I had absolutely no idea about this. I do purchase all apps on my phone and was wondering about the discrepancy between downloaded apps on my pc vs iPhone once I finally located and began to hide them. Transferring the last few now. Seems some transferred automatically and some didn't. Thanks for the helpful tip!

No sweat. You might also want to go into your iTunes preferences, where you can turn on automatic downloads—then if buy something on your phone it will automatically download to iTunes.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
No sweat. You might also want to go into your iTunes preferences, where you can turn on automatic downloads?then if buy something on your phone it will automatically download to iTunes.

Done! This works slick! I wasn't sure if I found the right setting so I downloaded an app to test it. Watched it download to my phone and iTunes on my pc simultaneously. Takes my pc twice as long....lol.

Thanks again @Massie and @kch50428. I've gained more knowledge of iTunes this afternoon than I've managed to gather over years of struggling to understand it on my own!

Kim Nguyen

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
It is very easy to permanently delete all apps on the iPad3. Go to settings, then general, then usage, then storage. Under storage, click on "show all apps". Then click om the app(s) you want to delete. The word "delete" will appear there. Apple DOES have a delete apps function, it is simply hidden and can be found under my steps above. Cheers!

Jack Hard

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Even if you delete iTunes on your computer is still listed in the shopping list on your iPhone or iPad. Does anyone know how to remove the list of purchased apps on your iPhone or iPad? It is a file manager that allows you to delete files on your iPhone or iPad (iFile?) Or need to jailbreak your phone?

Shortyy_56

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
first go to itunes, go to Store, then Search, go all the way to the bottom and you will see 3 columns. Explore, Features, Help, and Manage. Look under Features and select Purchased. Select Apps, Then select the X next to the app you want to hide.

joeredmond1234

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
So I installed some free apps from App Store. I preview and I do not want it. So I uninstalled them. But the app still show up on my purchased list in my iPhone 5 even though these apps are already deleted in my iTunes library and I do not see these apps everywhere in my iTunes but it's still showing up in my iPhone 5.

How do I get rid of it forever so it never show up in my Purchased list? What I want to see in my Purchased list is the list of apps that I have purchased ONLY, not apps that I have installed and uninstalled.

Thank you.