Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Horstili
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Current Location

I switched to private browsing for the black interface. Every time I do a google search I get the "google wants to use your current location". I hit Ok and cancel and I keep getting this message. I have location services turned on for safari and google in settings. Anyone know how to turn this off or disable or permanently set this?

Current Location-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1358538596.990058.jpg
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,220 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: Current Location

It's doing that because the browser isn't keeping a cache of your visit, so each visit to google is essentially your "first" visit (and because of that, it wants to offer you the option).

I don't think there is a way to stop this, but i could be wrong...I'm way too lazy to look online to see.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Current Location

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    It's doing that because the browser isn't keeping a cache of your visit, so each visit to google is essentially your "first" visit (and because of that, it wants to offer you the option).

I don't think there is a way to stop this, but i could be wrong...I'm way too lazy to look online to see.
    Thanks, I searched online and couldn't find a fix to this so I came here to ask.
    iMore Newbie

Default Current Location

I was just looking online for a fix to the same problem. I didn't find any solutions though. After I tell Google yes to use location services about 4-5 times, I get frustrated and close out of the browser. It just started happening to me within the last week. I haven't changed any settings. Anyone have any idea why the pop up keeps happening? Or how to stop it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Something similarly annoying happens when you use Chrome in incognito mode on a PC. You need to, for example, log in each time to your Gmail or Facebook account even if you just left. The reason is simple - no information is kept by Chrome or any browser used in incognito mode. Therefore, since nothing is saved, you need to continue clicking on one and the same setting question. Just use Chrome in normal mode as simple as that.
    iPhone Nanite

Go to Settings > Safari > Privacy and switch off "private browsing". Done.
    Cheers!
    iKev likes this.