Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree18Likes
  • 10 Post By finn5975
  • 3 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 5 Post By Alli
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Banned

Default What does jailbreaking do and is it good for your phone or not ?

Jailbreaking for iphone 5
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Default Re: What does jailbreaking do and is it good for your phone or not ?

it basically gives you the ability to completely customize your iDevice they way YOU want

no, it is not bad for your phone

currently there is no jailbreak for the iPhone 5
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar (08-07-2013)

Default What does jailbreaking do and is it good for your phone or not ?

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, and I'm seriously not trying to be mean, but this has to stop. I realize forums are for asking questions and discussions, but don't we as members/contributors have at least a small degree of responsibility to research a bit before asking these questions?
    This is not related to the iPhone 5 and has been covered countless times here, on websites, other forums, etc.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq (01-18-2013), Chetan Takyar (08-07-2013), kch50428 (01-17-2013), SeanHRCC (01-17-2013), sj-performance (01-17-2013), swarlos (01-17-2013)
    BLiNK, Fausty82, SeanHRCC and 7 others like this.

Global Posts
    11,682 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by finn5975 View Post
    I know I'm going to get blasted for this, and I'm seriously not trying to be mean, but this has to stop. I realize forums are for asking questions and discussions, but don't we as members/contributors have at least a small degree of responsibility to research a bit before asking these questions?
    This is not related to the iPhone 5 and has been covered countless times here, on websites, other forums, etc.
    A-freakin'-men.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,594 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by finn5975 View Post
    You're not going to get blasted for this...you're going to at least get one other member of this community that agrees 110% with you. This is getting ridiculous, to a point where i question the OP's being here, because it's starting to seem like this is done in a trolling type nature with the extremely redundant and generic threads that ask questions that could be answered by turning the phone on and looking at it for 3 seconds. There is a level of reserve that we've been asked to show to new members, but this person is just being ridiculous, and then falls back on the "If you can't help don't post" routine.

Seriously...the next batch of stuff coming from this person is going to read something like "Do you guys know what is iPhone?"

...I with ya finn...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Fausty82, kch50428 and finn5975 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

What are the advantages of jailbreaking?
    need some insight on jailbreaking...
    Scared to Jailbreak
    Thinking of jail breaking...

Alexan81 has been warned. He is not 9 years old, and could learn to search the forums if he chooses to. He will not be warned again, he will be given a vacation from iMore.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq (01-18-2013), Chetan Takyar (08-07-2013), finn5975 (01-17-2013), swarlos (01-17-2013)