Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Alexan81's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    99 Posts

    Default All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5



    I had several notes (in yellow notes application) which are now completely erased, out of the blue.



    I want to know why this happened and if there is a way to recover this.


    By the way I restarted my phone by holding down the home page key and screen lock key (on top) simultaneously.



    Does this have anything to do with my notes disappearing?
  2. #2  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Are you synced with iCloud or Gmail? Look for them in both emails...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Alexan81's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    99 Posts

    Default All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Are you synced with iCloud or Gmail? Look for them in both emails...
    I disabled some stuff in iCloud. This might have something to do with it
  4. #4  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexan81 View Post
    I disabled some stuff in iCloud. This might have something to do with it
    Yes. If they were being synced, and you stopped syncing them, iOS removes them from the device.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Alexan81's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    99 Posts

    Default All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Yes. If they were being synced, and you stopped syncing them, iOS removes them from the device.
    Is there a way to recover it or its gone ?
  6. #6  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexan81 View Post
    Is there a way to recover it or its gone ?
    Have you tried turning the sync back on? If they’re on another synced device, they will come back. If not, they are probably gone for good.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Alexan81's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    99 Posts

    Default All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    I turned the sync back on and it asked me for an @icloud email address

    After i created it, the last note i wrote (as a test) on my phone, now was there in my computer too but all previous notes were gone
  8. #8  
    03_CTD's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

    Default All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Do you have a Yahoo account on your phone set to sync notes? I had all the notes disappear off my phone as well at one point. Yahoo quit syncing with my phone for some reason and took my notes with it. They were in my mail account but, I had to email them back to myself and copy and paste back into notes since I could not find a way to sync with my phone again.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexan81 View Post
    I turned the sync back on and it asked me for an @icloud email address

    After i created it, the last note i wrote (as a test) on my phone, now was there in my computer too but all previous notes were gone
    Log into your iCloud account (iCloud.com) and see if there are any Notes there...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  10. #10  
    peropett's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    now was there in my computer too but all previous notes were gone
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Alexan81's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    99 Posts

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by peropett View Post
    now was there in my computer too but all previous notes were gone
    is this a question , a response or you are saying this part of my comment was not comprehensible?

    Elaborate on your post plz
  12. #12  
    iheoma1123's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    I have has the same problem. My friends and I, 2 to be exact, that also have iPhones, figured it out. For whatever reason, notes I saved on my phone would also save to my friends phone. She would see these "mysterious" notes in her phone, then delete them thinking it was just weird. In turn, it also deleted from my phone. When I went to retrieve them, they "disappeared". Also, I saw mysterious notes in my phone, deleted them, and it happened to belong to a different friend. And it deleted from his phone. This may be happening to you. I haven't had a chance to call my service provider or go to the apple store to figure out why it's doing this.
  13. #13  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,080 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by iheoma1123 View Post
    I have has the same problem. My friends and I, 2 to be exact, that also have iPhones, figured it out. For whatever reason, notes I saved on my phone would also save to my friends phone. She would see these "mysterious" notes in her phone, then delete them thinking it was just weird. In turn, it also deleted from my phone. When I went to retrieve them, they "disappeared". Also, I saw mysterious notes in my phone, deleted them, and it happened to belong to a different friend. And it deleted from his phone. This may be happening to you. I haven't had a chance to call my service provider or go to the apple store to figure out why it's doing this.
    The only way that could happen is if you and your friends shared the same Apple ID especially in regard to iCloud.

Similar Threads

  1. Cracks on my iPhone
    By iLoveiPhones in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 03:44 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 10:52 AM
  3. itunes problems on my iPhone
    By William Rollings in forum iTunes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 03:13 AM
  4. Email on my IPHONE
    By bigmeetsv69 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:19 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions