Why doesnt apple use swiftkey or make something like that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey for iphone

They have a very controlled system with updates to the OS. The keyboard is a core function of the OS. Apple builds it so that the keyboard, autocorrect, and all functions of this type work together. Allowing the keyboard to be modified or replaced would damage multiple systems and detract from the easy iPhone experience.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey's ability to guess the NEXT word you will type goes way way beyond autocorrect...... you have to experience it to appreciate how the software works. More often than not, I am typing whole sentences using only one tap for each word.

Impressive software.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I installed Swiftkey on my Android device. I gave it a good shot and used it for a few weeks. The way it thinks it knows what I'm going to type next slowed me down so considerably that it became a hinderance. I'm not a fan of predictive anything anywhere. I cannot tell you how many tries it took me before my Mac allowed me to type "skillz" the other night!

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I installed Swiftkey on my Android device. I gave it a good shot and used it for a few weeks. The way it thinks it knows what I'm going to type next slowed me down so considerably that it became a hinderance. I'm not a fan of predictive anything anywhere. I cannot tell you how many tries it took me before my Mac allowed me to type "skillz" the other night!

I agree i even turned off specl check on my phone because it was annoying let alone using a predictive keyboard

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Clearly Swiftkey is not for you.... but its nice to have a choice. Something that iOS doesn't allow on many fronts.

LaDon08

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Clearly apple won't allow the installation of third party keyboards, probably ever. I think they need a refresh to the native. I'd love to see them purchase Swype or swiftkey and integrating it themselves.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They have a very controlled system with updates to the OS. The keyboard is a core function of the OS. Apple builds it so that the keyboard, autocorrect, and all functions of this type work together. Allowing the keyboard to be modified or replaced would damage multiple systems and detract from the easy iPhone experience.

Thanks Mr Cook. We appreciate taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with us.

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
At least they can show you a letter and ask you hit it so it understands when you are touching a certain key you mean o and not I

Like artificial intelligence or learning algorithms somethibg like that

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
At least they can show you a letter and ask you hit it so it understands when you are touching a certain key you mean o and not I

Like artificial intelligence or learning algorithms somethibg like that
If they do at, it will slow down typing tremendously if every letter it was asking if you are sure that's the letter you wanted. I mean do the keys going grey not show which letter you are pressing enough for you?

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
No
I meant only the first time you activate the devicw

It should learn from you
Like ask you hit a specific key to LEARN what are your typing patterns

Machine learning 101

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No
I meant only the first time you activate the devicw

It should learn from you
Like ask you hit a specific key to LEARN what are your typing patterns

Machine learning 101

Couldn't it just do it from what you type and not asking letters like you said? That is pretty much what swift key does and will most likely never be on IOS with how apple locks everything down and thinks their keyboard is the best

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't it just do it from what you type and not asking letters like you said? That is pretty much what swift key does and will most likely never be on IOS with how apple locks everything down and thinks their keyboard is the best

Thats even a better aproach but seems to be like a long shot for a keyboard that does not even cover the basics

💻📱

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro