Email issue on my 5

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I did a restore on my phone yesterday and I reloaded from a back up just because I didn't want to redownload 200+ apps but to the point. Now my email is not pushing I tried deleting the account and re adding but it still isn't pushing. I have to go into the mail and then it will load them. And the time stamp on the email is hours ago. I tried resetting network settings. Nothin is working and it seems to be coming in slow from gmail users is there anything I can try to do besides just restoring as new iPhone. ? Trying to get this fixed as soon as possible. I am missing alot of time sensitive business emails which is not good.
Tia

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you verified that the mail is set to push?

Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data - Advanced

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Even restoring as new iPhone didn't work for me. I tried everything under the sun......twice. I finally gave up and set to fetch every 15 mins. Little slower and slightly worse battery life but, at least it's reliable. Sorry I don't have any help to offer. Hopefully someone will chime in here with better ideas for you. FWIW from all the research I have done on this it seems there are problems on Yahoo's end as well.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes checked and triple checked everything before I posted. I'm all out of ideas

If your business email is via gmail, there's a slight possibility that the service disruption is experienced a few days ago has not been fully restored. Of course, I have no proof and am only guessing. I don't know what to tell you other than calling your service provider to see if there's a service disruption in your area and/or whether or not other people have complained about receiving late email messages.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I've been having the same issue with email. I am using google apps and never had a problem before. Now, email only seems to update when I start the email program or refresh the email manually.

All settings are correct.

Very weird.

Craig

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
If your business email is via gmail, there's a slight possibility that the service disruption is experienced a few days ago has not been fully restored. Of course, I have no proof and am only guessing. I don't know what to tell you other than calling your service provider to see if there's a service disruption in your area and/or whether or not other people have complained about receiving late email messages.

I don't use gmail mine is yahoo I'm mostly experiencing the slowness when the sender is gmail user

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that Google dropped support for new Exchange accounts on the iPhone...when the news broke, this was a big question: how would a restore be treated by Google, as a new setup (which wouldn't get Exchange/push support) or as an existing one (which would)? Could this be a sign?

(Edit: looks like it still supports new accounts until January 30 2013 so that's probably not it.)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that Google dropped support for new Exchange accounts on the iPhone...when the news broke, this was a big question: how would a restore be treated by Google, as a new setup (which wouldn't get Exchange/push support) or as an existing one (which would)? Could this be a sign?

(Edit: looks like it still supports new accounts until January 30 2013 so that's probably not it.)

I'm still getting my gmail pushed to me via the exchange method and I haven't noticed any disruptions as of late either.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone wasn't restored as new, but it still has the issues.

It is set up as an exchange, but I don't believe that is the problem.

Then again, what do I know?

I sent myself 2 test messages from my iCloud account to my gmail account. The first message was sent while connected to Wi-Fi and the second was sent via 3G. Both messages were received almost instantly after sending them. Of course, this test was done via my 4S running iOS 6.0.1 because I do not have the iPhone 5.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I sent myself 2 test messages from my iCloud account to my gmail account. The first message was sent while connected to Wi-Fi and the second was sent via 3G. Both messages were received almost instantly after sending them. Of course, this test was done via my 4S running iOS 6.0.1 because I do not have the iPhone 5.

I tested using 4 Gmail address services and one iCloud and one on Exchange server

All pushed at same time.

Don't use Gmail personal. these are through my Google domain.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I tested using 4 Gmail address services and one iCloud and one on Exchange server

All pushed at same time.

Don't use Gmail personal. these are through my Google domain.

I set my gmail up as exchange last night. Gmail and iCloud push at the same time. Yahoo won't push at all. iPhone 5 on 6.0.1.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Yea email on my 4s is fine too it's just the 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW