IPhone Safari reader feature

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I rellly like this feature as it makes it much easier to read web contents 📱📱📱 now my question is how comes some websites in Safari have it and some dont ?

Also if you are the owner of a forum, how to add this feature

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It won't work on a forum. Only text, which is why some places have it and some don't. But all your questions are answered on Apple.com.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I rellly like this feature as it makes it much easier to read web contents 📱📱📱 now my question is how comes some websites in Safari have it and some dont ?

Also if you are the owner of a forum, how to add this feature

That is why apps like Instapaper, Pocket and Readability are so popular and much adored.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which one is the bestest you think ?

Which one is best depends on a users likes and dislikes. I've used all three and have settled on Instapaper as *my* favorite, but Pocket also has a large following along with Readability. iMore's Allyson Kazmucha did a comparison of the three a while back. You can read about it HERE.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And that has not only now been answered, but has jacked the thread into talking about apps - so we're going to close the thread.

Alexan, please do not start another thread asking which is the best reader. Do a search first in the apps forum.

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
And that has not only now been answered, but has jacked the thread into talking about apps - so we're going to close the thread.

Alexan, please do not start another thread asking which is the best reader. Do a search first in the apps forum.

Alli
if i feel the need to start a new thread i will and you are in no position to boss anybody around

Forums are for asking questions and sharing knowledge

The more questions asked the more active a forum will be

So stop being so negative and counterproductive

Get over yourself

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry you feel that way. However, I am in the position to tell you that, or boss you around as you put it. That's what we moderators do.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Alli
if i feel the need to start a new thread i will and you are in no position to boss anybody around

Forums are for asking questions and sharing knowledge

The more questions asked the more active a forum will be

So stop being so negative and counterproductive

Get over yourself

Antagonizing a moderator is no way to win friends in a forum... #justsayin'

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
wrong, that's the job of Administrator, you are iMORE """""staff"""" as your title reads

The one in the WRONG here is YOU.

From http://forums.imore.com/faq.php?faq=tipb_forum_rules#faq_imorerules

Moderators: Do not post complaints about Moderators. iMore has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator. Every day, our moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all decisions by them are final. We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about a locked or edited post/thread.

But you should keep doing what you're doing and your stay will be short-lived.

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with Alexan. He is contributing positively to the community and Alli is consistently putting him and his comments down.

Thank you very much. The only reason i am here to ask questions and learn.

Unfortunately some comments are very negative and counter productive. And do not help at all

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The blog side of iMore has tons of resources you can read and learn from... every random thought in your head does not need to inspire a new thread in the forums. Reading things in FAQs, or tutorials and how-tos on the blog side can answer the majority of questions.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much. The only reason i am here to ask questions and learn.

Unfortunately some comments are very negative and counter productive. And do not help at all

Doing some research beforehand may lessen some of those negative comments. Many of the subjects you are bringing up have been thoroughly discussed before and are well documented. You will probably find the answers you are looking for quicker simply by using the forum search feature. :)

Sent from somewhere

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Once again search engines are different from forums

Forum is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations that interests them

That is all by choice and if a topic or thread is not of your interest, then you are NOT required to read or respond

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods