2 things really bug me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One thing I would add is that, at least on my phone, Contacts will not go into landscape mode if you access Contacts through the "Phone" app. You must go in through the actual "Contacts" app in order to access landscape mode. Just thought I would share that.

Now that is true...:D

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
One thing I would add is that, at least on my phone, Contacts will not go into landscape mode if you access Contacts through the "Phone" app. You must go in through the actual "Contacts" app in order to access landscape mode. Just thought I would share that.
That makes too much sense... :D

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah
well try an iphone 5, I already said landscape for iphone 4 contacts work but not in contacts for iphone 5 not yet, it works for safari etc so its a bug

What makes you think it's a bug? How do you know Apple didn't change the behavior? If I create a new contact from fresh from the CONTACTS app, it works in landscape just fine. If I edit an existing contact from the CONTACTS app, it works in landscape just fine. However, if I create or modify a contact from the PHONE app, portrait only. Same if I edit one from the PHONE app.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Try updating it to ios 6.0.2 and see what happens and portrait is not the same as landscape the wide view

I've been on 6.0.2 since it came out...works just fine.

It has been clarified now the function limitations of going through the phone app, but all in all, landscape is working just fine for everyone else (including you i bet if you check).

Rod43

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of updating, and now there is NO LANDSCAPE wide view for entering contacts on iphone 5 only the narrow portrait view
just me Rod43

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 on 6.0.2. This was taken from the contacts app, NOT the phone.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358079727.128388.jpg

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I made the mistake of updating, and now there is NO LANDSCAPE wide view for entering contacts on iphone 5 only the narrow portrait view
just me Rod43

Please read the many replies above: there IS LANDSCAPE VIEW, but ONLY if you use the actual Contacts app, NOT the contacts view in the Phone app.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
just me Rod43

How about you walk us exactly step by step on how YOU are doing it. Start with every single tap. Clearly YOU are doing something wrong.

Rod43

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This thread was off the point until finn came along, and cast some light ----there is no landscape view in the iphone 5 contacts menu as there is in Android, but there is another orphan contact icon on its own on the last page of the iphone 5 where nobody would normally look and this does have landscape view. Very obscure I must say and pointed out to me after 6 visits to various vodofonephone suppliers by a new male person in Campelltown to whom I am very grateful.
Nothing mentioned about this obscurity here until recently! .
Rod43

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This thread is useless, there is no landscape view in the phone contacts menu as there is in Android, but there is another contact menu on its own on the last page of the iphone 5 where nobody would normally look and this does have landscape view. Very obscure I must say and pointed out to me after 6 visits to various vodofonephone suppliers by a new male person in Campelltown to whom I am very grateful.
Nothing mentioned about this obscurity here I must say! .

All of your issues are self inflicted. If you take the time to learn to use the phone, all your troubles will disappear.

If you're as uniterested as you seem in doing that, do yourself, and us a favor. Return your iPhone. Get another Android phone, and end your frustrations. And ours.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the OP just wanted to about something. It was said about 10 times how to get it to work so either you hate the iPhone and just didn't try, or maybe should go back to a dumb phone since the iPhone is too 'smart' for you

Rod43

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks finally light on the matter being a previous android user I was not aware of the orphan app all on its own on the last page of the iphone 5 and was focussed on the phone app after 6 visits to my phone supplier a new guy made me aware of this yesterday. Words alone can lead you astray.
So thanx for seeing through all this guff finn5975.
Rod43

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks finally light on the matter being a previous android user I was not aware of the orphan app all on its own on the last page of the iphone 5 and was focussed on the phone app after 6 visits to my phone supplier a new guy made me aware of this yesterday. Words alone can lead you astray.
So thanx for seeing through all this guff finn5975.
Rod43

Words alone? Can you not follow step by step directions that people have given? I mean read through and see people told you exactly what the rep at the store showed you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2