Verizon Model Questions

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit confused on the Verizon model...I hear it's unlocked.

Well few questions then...I've seen a video where someone put an AT&T sim in a Verizon iPhone 5 and it connected to their HSPA+ network...is this true?? (Yes I know it wouldn't work with their LTE bands 4 or 17)

I've seen it has LTE bands 1,3,5, 13, and 25 built in..so if I roamed to say Europe where there is international HSPA+ and say LTE band 13...would it work with LTE Band 13 and HSPA as the backhaul? Or would I need to switch my Verizon card out for a prepaid international sim? (I remember the the 4S had "intelligent roaming" so is this the case with the Verizon iPhone 5??)

What other 3G bands are built into this specific phone? (Company wise please...tech specifics like 700mhz etc etc can be confusing)

And would it work with a Sprint nano sim and work on their 3G (Their Ev-Do frequencies) and LTE band (Band 25)?

And would it work on T-Mobile's or AT&T's EDGE network??

Thanks in advance!!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Please don't be rude...

If I could have searched for this info before hand (which I did) to answer my questions..I wouldn't have created a forum topic about it.

And Verizon will advise me to not put in other sims...dealt with that non-sense before.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon iPhone 5 - Factory unlocked for domestic and international 3G/4G (HSPA+, GPRS, and EDGE) on GSM providers. Works on international LTE bands better than the AT&T version. LTE is not nearly as deployed internationally compared to North America (excluding Mexico). It will not work on T-Mobile's 3G/4G network where they haven't yet changed their spectrum to non-AWS spectrum. Most of their network hasn't been converted yet. EDGE only in nearly all T-Mobile coverage areas. Will not work on Sprint.

I would say you didn't do your homework. All the LTE information is on Apple's website. No T-Mobile info on their site since they aren't an official carrier. Google can help tell you what carrier supports what bands.

martijefre

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
And Verizon will advise me to not put in other sims
1a3.jpg

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone actually used their VZW iphone 5 in Europe with local SIM's? Any real confirmation of LTE working on a VZW model while traveling in Europe?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice