Video Compression Question

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I debated whether this was the appropriate subforum for this question, but if not, please move as appopriate.

I am seeking a remedy, if one exists, for sharing video clips to others without uploading to youtube first and then providing a link. If I try sending a clip via MMS (on Verizon with my iphone 5), even if the clip is only 10 seconds long, it will compress before reaching the recipient (in this case also to an iphone 5 on verizon via imessage). I believe the carrier max may be 1mb? Does that sound correct? Which in that case truly limits what you can send given my 10 second video recorded with my phone is 1.1MB in standard and 2.9MB in HD.

I tried uploading the full video (23 seconds in length) that I wanted to share, to Dropbox, figuring doing it this way would at least allow me to share a link (I try to avoid youtube for a few reasons) but all playback of the video was just as compressed. I am on wifi trying to view it, and it is very poor quality compared to the original.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I have searched prior threads and used google prior to reaching out here. Thank you in advance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative