help i am an android user but tired of bugs

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had every android phone on Verizon and I love the specs and everything u can do with them.but I am tired of the bugs and them not working right I had an iphone3gs on att and a iph4s on Verizon but couldn't get use to the screen after coming from a 4.8 screen. But I want a phone that works and is smooth. Besides customizing what can u do on an iPhone that u can do on android. Me and my wife have been android users but we want a phone that works any info would be great thank you

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Well if you've had a 4s than you know exactly what to expect with an iPhone. As for the size, the 5 is obviously taller. So the choice is yours.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No offense to you personally, but this kind of generic question has been covered in vast detail and broken down into really helpful individual threads over the last few months since the iPhone 5's release and you would be better off searching through those and reading the enormous amount of opinions and facts spread over those threads vs. continuing a thread like this where it will end up both unhelpful and, ultimately, closed.

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry bout that but all the ones I was in was about s3 vs iPhone 5. And I only had the iPhone 4s for a day then traded it.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Let me say that I love the 5 . I had the s3 and like u say I got tired of all the bugs. The screen on the 5 is just right to be used one handed when needed and that's one thing that bothered me with the s3 along battery life and the bugs. I have not missed it at all. I exported all my contacts and calendars from gmail into a vCard format and imported to icloud and it works flawlessly. The only thing I can say I wish for is a files manager in ios6. Hopefully ios7 will address that bit it's not enough of a problem to make me go back. The 5 just works and has given me no trouble what so ever. I am extremely happy with it. I think u will be too. The digger screen is a step up from the 4 models. Hope this helps u

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The reason for that is that the Galaxy S III and the iPhone 5 are the closest comparative phones on the market to each other, so when it comes to your question of "What can one do that the other can...", those threads would be the most beneficial to you. Other Android phones offer certain features that make them stand out, but none of them offer as even a playing field to the iPhone 5 than the GSIII.

To quickly answer your question...you can do almost everything you can between all of the phones (when you take customizing out of the equation as you asked).

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I understand they are the top phones..and thank u for your help come next month pretty sure we will be going with the iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I understand they are the top phones..and thank u for your help come next month pretty sure we will be going with the iPhone 5

Hopefully it's the best phone for YOU...I'd suggest (as is suggested in every thread like this) to actually use them (or at the very least play with them at the store) before you make a purchase, as your tastes will vastly differ from my own in many ways, and they may clearly draw the line in the direction of which phone would best suit you.

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I know all about android so I'll just have to play with the iPhone and see if it meets my needs but thank you for all your help.

INDROIDWETRUST

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
24801535-52E6-4A54-BED8-E60D744A3681-15466-000003D28938BEE7.jpg

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I know all about android so I'll just have to play with the iPhone and see if it meets my needs but thank you for all your help.

It is all in your preference. Everyone likes different things. That being said, here are quick differences from someone who switches between a Note 2 and an iPhone 5 a lot.
1-screen size can you handle a smaller screen?
2-iPhone apps are soooooo much more polished
3-android has improved leaps and bounds recently, but IMO IOS overall is still more polished
4-iPhone 5 build quality is amazing and it feels great in your hand

Also, Rene has a thread in android Central forums discussing differences. Good stuff from someone heavily invested in apple ecosystem but he does have a nexus 4 and 7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. The biggest problem I think I'll have is moving to a smaller screen and being stuck with just iTunes for music ..I'll chek that forum out

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got a nexus 7 and I can honestly say after only having it for two days I really miss my iPad.

I was a huge android enthusiast but the differences between the apps is astounding. I play Dice with Buddies and the android version of the tablet app versus the iOS version completely sucks and I don't understand that at all.

I agree with the others, figure out what's best for you but if you are tired of the bugs I haven't encountered any with my switch back to iOS and I love it!

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with iPhone 5. Trying to trade my RAZR m right now for an iPhone 4s till I can upgrade

Sweet you'll be happy, the difference in screen size might be a little shocking at first but after a few days use you'll love it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. The biggest problem I think I'll have is moving to a smaller screen and being stuck with just iTunes for music ..I'll chek that forum out

I'm curious where else you buy music from? I buy from iTunes and amazon mostly and the amazon purchases come over to iTunes without any trouble. I'm just wondering what would not sync up with iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The good thing about most music services outside of iTunes is the formatting in which you download the files in...they are 99.999999% compatible (if not natively, with a free formatting software) to be loaded to iTunes. I can only ever remember a couple of services long ago that were not compatible and they don't exist anymore. Companies got the idea years ago, iTunes is the top of the food chain, if you want to make money, you allow your downloaded files to work with iTunes.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
IOS has an Amazon made app for streaming MP3's bought from them. Google has not made one, but other devs have, I have used them with no problems, but it is easier to just import the music into itunes for me.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember if I set something up or not but when I buy a song from amazon it just shows up in iTunes. I don't have to do a thing. Maybe I set something up a while ago and just don't remember. I know the same happens with google play. When I had my S3 I didn't have any issues either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk