Using UK iphone 5 in L.A

ndaniel1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I had a look using the search function on here and couldn't find what im after hopefully someone here will be able to help me. In September i'm off to L.A for two and a half weeks for a holiday with the missus and I want to use my iphone 5 over there. My carrier EE do a bundle to add on to my contract but is there any other or better way of doing it?

Have any of you guys been in this situation or recommend me anything which would help me??

My phone is locked to the carrier if that helps or not.

Any help will be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If your phone is carrier locked, you don't have any other choice. If you were to get your phone unlocked, you would have many choices. You can always pick up a cheap burner phone once you get to the states.

ndaniel1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Am I right in thinking if I get in unlocked I can use one of the networks over in L.A?

Thanks for you reply Alli

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Am I right in thinking if I get in unlocked I can use one of the networks over in L.A?

Even if you don't unlock, you can arrange with EE to use their roaming partner(s) in the US. Unlocked, you could get a prepaid sim from one of several providers and have a useable device.

ndaniel1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mate i'm going to speak to EE customer services and see what they suggest but I am looking into unlocking it so I can keep my options open.

Thanks for your help guys

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711