Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default My iPhone 5 map stopped working & went blank! I tried restarting, nothing. Help!

I was using GPS and suddenly maps stopped working & the screen went blank (see attached screen shot). I tried restarting numerous times & also got a new phone thru insurance (bc my screen was also broken) and much to my disappointment the maps screen is STILL blank! None of the buttons work when you try to push, it's just frozen. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My iPhone 5 map stopped working & went blank! I tried restarting, nothing. Help!-image.jpg  

Global Posts
    11,896 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: My iPhone 5 map stopped working & went blank! I tried restarting, nothing. Help!

by 'restarting' - do you mean the app or the iPhone? Restart the phone... if still having problems, Try witching airplane mode on - then off after 30 seconds of being on...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default My iPhone 5 map stopped working & went blank! I tried restarting, nothing. Help!

Hold home and power till phone reboots

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: My iPhone 5 map stopped working & went blank! I tried restarting, nothing. Help!

Tried both power off & app off... Tried airplane mode too didn't work
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Check setting to make sure gps is turned on and data is on if it still don't work I would do a restore and load from a backup if that don't fix it then do a restore and setup as brand new

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Global Posts
    11,896 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Check setting to make sure gps is turned on and data is on if it still don't work I would do a restore and load from a backup if that don't fix it then do a restore and setup as brand new
    And if all of that fails, a trip to an Apple store and Genius Bar appointment for a warranty replacement...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates