i like my iPhone 5. how does it compare with samsung galaxy 34 ? which one is better and why ?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
How does it compare with the GS3.. Hmmmm, it doesn't. I would say every 1 in 10 GS3s come back to our store and get exchanged for an iPhone 5. We have had one iPhone 5 come back and it was exchanged for an iPhone 5 because there was a speaker issue on the first one and they were in their grace period. Just saying... Larger screen, 2 GB of RAM, multitasking, NFC, yeah that's great and all, but at the end of the day it's still the fail OS. No matter how many desserts google comes out with for Android it will always be flawed in the end. Point blank.

"We love competition here at Apple, we just want people to create their own stuff." - Tim Cook

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of my Iphone4 to go back to Android and get the S3. They announced the IPhone 5 and I debated about returning it. At that time my biggest gripe was the battery. I tried several options to limit the battery drain. To this date I am still fighting the battery drain.

I tried Juice Defender which helps turn off functions which made the phone sluggish and sometimes inoperable. I tried Extended Batteries and the case options were all made of TPU which made the phone bigger and look not very sleek.

Then there is the constant tweaking of the phone and always having to pull the battery out. I bought a nice Otterbox case that I liked but each time I had to pull the battery it became tiresome.

One day I got stuck in my car and needed to call my wife. It was late in the afternoon and I had charged it that night. I pulled the phone out of my pocket to call my wife and I only had 4% battery left. I was mad at the phone.

To this day I continue to fight with battery consumption and now have to carry a spare battery in my pocket. Now my Facebook updates once per day and email syncs every 10 hours. This helps with battery consumption. I don't dare use Pandora. When I have tried to run it for 30 minutes it uses 20% of the battery. So now I have come to the realization that I have made a big mistake. In my opinion why have a smartphone when it updates every 10 hours? I can't watch videos or listen to music because of the drain. I have really had to change my phone usage by about 75% for this phone.

Will I miss the S3? Yes. I liked the predictive text. I also liked the customization. But overall I am done with daily modifications for this phone. Today I almost ordered the 5 but thought I would give the S3 another try. So I tried to change the sync to 4-6 hours as my wife was getting upset that I missed some family posts. Now my battery drain is draining back to the way it was. Also it seems that with the Jelly Bean upgrade from about a month ago the consumption is worse.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just came from the Galaxy Note II. It was an awesome phone. Wanted to try the iPhone 5 though. I think that this phone is better than the Note. Size is not an issue. Either size is fine with me. One thing that I noticed is that the iPhone 5 is faster than the Note 2. And it is a lot easier to type on the iPhones keyboard.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have played around with the Galaxy S3 and Note 2. They're both awesome devices but I can't wrap my head around the size of those things... Also, I just don't see myself buying a device powered by a company which I despise.

The iPhone 5, although nothing revolutionary, works as well as can be expected for an Apple product. Not to mention the build quality and finish which is second to none at present.

In finishing, if you want a full featured smartphone go for the Galaxy... If you want a no hassles work horse with eye candy to match go for the iPhone 5.

I fall in the latter category.

Square85

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My father just got a S3 on Verizon and was coming from the original Droid X. In less than 24 hours he had to exchange it for various issues...headphone jack not working & audio cutting out.

He went back & swapped it. I played with his & compared to my 4, I still prefer the smaller size & reliability of iOS. Sure his camera is better & it's faster but I want to see how it compares when I get my next iPhone.

Lastly, my father is anti apple for whatever reason & I tried showing him the 5 but he wanted no part of it.

I would rather have stability & reliability of iOS then the customization that Android offers.

iastonish

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
How does it compare with the GS3.. Hmmmm, it doesn't. I would say every 1 in 10 GS3s come back to our store and get exchanged for an iPhone 5. We have had one iPhone 5 come back and it was exchanged for an iPhone 5 because there was a speaker issue on the first one and they were in their grace period. Just saying... Larger screen, 2 GB of RAM, multitasking, NFC, yeah that's great and all, but at the end of the day it's still the fail OS. No matter how many desserts google comes out with for Android it will always be flawed in the end. Point blank.

"We love competition here at Apple, we just want people to create their own stuff." - Tim Cook

This is a subjective opinion and nothing more.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm like most I had a iPhone 4S and got rid of that for a S3 but that only lasted for about 3 months. Last night I went and got me a 5, why?? Cause it just works all the time and every time. Simple. If apple could get their head around screen size and just a little more freedom to customise then it would be the go to phone for everything.
Anyway that's just my 2 cents worth.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm like most I had a iPhone 4S and got rid of that for a S3 but that only lasted for about 3 months. Last night I went and got me a 5, why?? Cause it just works all the time and every time. Simple. If apple could get their head around screen size and just a little more freedom to customise then it would be the go to phone for everything.
Anyway that's just my 2 cents worth.

I have to confess, when I had the Note 2 I thought that the size was the greatest thing ever. And I really liked the S-pen. The phone was fast, not as fast as the 5, but fast. And the battery life was really good. I thought that it would be the last phone I owned for the year. But then I got the urge to get the 5 and I am loving it. The size doesn't bother me at all. Whether it is big or small, I seem to adjust. The smaller form factor has its pros and cons. I still can't believe I'm back on iOS, but I am. And I like it.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just came from the Galaxy Note II. It was an awesome phone. Wanted to try the iPhone 5 though. I think that this phone is better than the Note. Size is not an issue. Either size is fine with me. One thing that I noticed is that the iPhone 5 is faster than the Note 2. And it is a lot easier to type on the iPhones keyboard.

You feel that way even with swiftkey?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You feel that way even with swiftkey?

My wife has an S3 and she has SwiftKey. It's an awesome keyboard. I wish I could have it on my iPhone just because it has so many good options, and I especially like the long-press and word prediction. I'm just about as fast on the iPhone as I am on her phone, if not almost identical. But SwiftKey is awesome and I wish Apple would jump on board with something like that.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Update to my post.....

Yesterday, I got my 5. About a year ago, I had the 4 and then upgraded the 4 to the S3. The battery life on the 5 is amazing. By the way, I have on the Icloud account for my email. The other email accounts I have on my Ipad and Mac.

When I got the phone, I had to check to make sure that I was given the 5 because I could hardly notice the difference between the 4 and the 5. I guess coming from the S3, I knew it would be smaller but did not think that it would be that small and that is perfectly ok with me.

I have not charged the unit since I got the phone yesterday. I added all my apps (facebook, twitter, etc..) back in from iTunes that night. When I went to bed, the battery percentage was 50%. When I woke up this morning, it was down to 45% (9 hours later). With my S3, the battery level would have been closer to 30%.

Aside from the battery life, the first thing you notice is the stability of the IOS. It is much more solid than the S3 was. Overall I feel confident that I made the right decision. There are some features that the S3 had that I will miss. Probably the one that I will miss the most is the Swiftkey predictive text but, then again its much easier to type on the Iphone than the S3 so, Swiftkey is not as big of a deal. I was sort of sad when I boxed up my S3 but I gave it all the chances to make it work and it just was not the solution.

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Update to my post.....

I have not charged the unit since I got the phone yesterday. I added all my apps (facebook, twitter, etc..) back in from iTunes that night. When I went to bed, the battery percentage was 50%. When I woke up this morning, it was down to 45% (9 hours later). With my S3, the battery level would have been closer to 30%.

Aside from the battery life, the first thing you notice is the stability of the IOS. It is much more solid than the S3 was. Overall I feel confident that I made the right decision. There are some features that the S3 had that I will miss. Probably the one that I will miss the most is the Swiftkey predictive text but, then again its much easier to type on the Iphone than the S3 so, Swiftkey is not as big of a deal. I was sort of sad when I boxed up my S3 but I gave it all the chances to make it work and it just was not the solution.

Did you power it off completely or just left it there before going to bed ?

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Probably the one that I will miss the most is the Swiftkey predictive text but, then again its much easier to type on the Iphone than the S3 so, Swiftkey is not as big of a deal. I was sort of sad when I boxed up my S3 but I gave it all the chances to make it work and it just was not the solution.

I will race you anytime with me using Swiftkey 3... I'll be on my NEXT sentence while you are typing the 2nd word of the FIRST sentence.

MrszBerry

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I left my iPhone off the charger at 67% and when I woke up it was at 59%. With my gs3 when I had it. The thing was about to die. The battery bar would be either yellow or red

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I will race you anytime with me using Swiftkey 3... I'll be on my NEXT sentence while you are typing the 2nd word of the FIRST sentence.

BRTky.jpg

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I have iphone 5 and coulnt be happier
I belive screen could be a tad larger but no biggie compared to how many advantages it has

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh