Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,901 Global Posts

Default Re: i like my iPhone 5. how does it compare with samsung galaxy 34 ? which one is better and why ?

The iPhone 5 is a dumb phone masquerading as a smartphone when compared to Jelly Bean phones. There is a reason my 78 year-old father can use a iPhone.... any one remember Microsoft BOB?
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #52  
    Banned

Default i like my iPhone 5. how does it compare with samsung galaxy 34 ? which one is better and why ?

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    There is a reason my 78 year-old father can use a iPhone.... any one remember Microsoft BOB?
    Product simplicity is not necessarily a bad thing

Actually it can be considered a positive edge in competition
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar (08-03-2013)
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,901 Global Posts

Default Re: i like my iPhone 5. how does it compare with samsung galaxy 34 ? which one is better and why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexan81 View Post
    Product simplicity is not necessarily a bad thing

Actually it can be considered a positive edge in competition
    So if you get a pdf file emailed to you and want to "simply" open said pdf file in an app like GoodReader, but cant..... would that be called a positive edge?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default i like my iPhone 5. how does it compare with samsung galaxy 34 ? which one is better and why ?

The iPhone 5 is a dumb phone masquerading as a smartphone when compared to Jelly Bean phones. There is a reason my 78 year-old father can use a iPhone.... any one remember Microsoft BOB?
    Lol......was this thread getting too boring for you?? Why you gotta go and stir the pot like that?
    Thanked by:
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,901 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 03_CTD View Post
    Lol......was this thread getting too boring for you?? Why you gotta go and stir the pot like that?
    I just had two huge margaritas........ thats why.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

I just had two huge margaritas........ thats why.
    Rofl.....that's a great idea!! *heads off to the kitchen*
    kilofoxtrot likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Alexan81 View Post
    No rants
    Only questions
    And it will go on as long as needed
    or until you are banned. lulz

i like my iPhone 5.  how does it compare with samsung galaxy 34 ? which one is better and why ?-lazers.gif
    swarlos and finn5975 like this.

Slow day over in the Android forums??
    Thanked by:
    MrszBerry and iRy757 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,020 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    or until you are banned. lulz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lazers.gif 
Views:	138 
Size:	629.0 KB 
ID:	25434
    It's already happened.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    It's already happened.
    Yea. <snicker> Things didn't go someone's way in PM. And while you can argue with a moderator, NEVER argue with a teacher.
    Thanked by:
    finn5975 likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

The iPhone is not a dumb phone. Lol
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I had a galaxy s2 skyrocket and I did love it but damn touch wiz which is samsungs custom skin, just sucks. Sure some like it but it has to go even on the s3. I do like android customization and android has many pluses. I liked it a lot. I went back to the iPhone 5 because I like the os a bit better. More stable and just faster. It's smaller but that doesn't mean much to me at all. I think my Samsung got better lte reception though. I also prefer apples email app over anything android has.

Anyway you can't go wrong with both.
    MrszBerry likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneLvr View Post
    The iPhone is not a dumb phone. Lol
    true. wish i could say the same about some of the people who use them
    Thanked by:
    cardfan likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    The s3 radio is weak and the battery life is the pits . I came over to the iPhone 5 and all I can say is it works like u expect it too. I think u would be happy with it
    I had a Verizon Iphone 5 then switched to a S3. I'm done with Android, maybe I'm just paranoid but the latest update to Google search creeps me out! The new permissions are the app can take pictures, video, record sound at anytime WITHOUT your knowledge or permission. Screw that, now do any of the apps in IOS have this privacy intrusion?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You are right, but at least it can navigate from my CONTACTS when I give it such a verbal command. This is something that your fancy Note 2 cannot do. If it can, then you would have indicated so in the other closed thread when I asked you to weigh in on the subject. So you are right, the iphone is a dumb phone, but it is still does a BASIC function that YOUR phone cannot do.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    You are right, but at least it can navigate from my CONTACTS when I give it such a verbal command. This is something that your fancy Note 2 cannot do. If it can, then you would have indicated so in the other closed thread when I asked you to weigh in on the subject. So you are right, the iphone is a dumb phone, but it is still does a BASIC function that YOUR phone cannot do.
    Android can navigate from contacts.
    As for me and my house we serve the Lord.
    Thanked by:
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Android can navigate from contacts.
    Not ALL of them can. I know for sure that MY S3 does not. My brother's Atrix 2 running ICS does not. The Razor MAXX HD that I tested at the Verizon store did not. KiloFox's Note 2 does not. I am talking about your contacts on the phone. Basically say "Navigate to John Smith" and the Navigation should take you there. It does so in ALL iphone 5s and 4Ss, but in Android it is hit and miss. It depends on the skin used, etc...
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    I had a Verizon Iphone 5 then switched to a S3. I'm done with Android, maybe I'm just paranoid but the latest update to Google search creeps me out! The new permissions are the app can take pictures, video, record sound at anytime WITHOUT your knowledge or permission. Screw that, now do any of the apps in IOS have this privacy intrusion?
    Wow. I did not know this. I went from Verizon gs3 to iPhone 5 Glad I did after reading this. Too many privacy issues on android
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    Not ALL of them can. I know for sure that MY S3 does not. My brother's Atrix 2 running ICS does not. The Razor MAXX HD that I tested at the Verizon store did not. KiloFox's Note 2 does not. I am talking about your contacts on the phone. Basically say "Navigate to John Smith" and the Navigation should take you there. It does so in ALL iphone 5s and 4Ss, but in Android it is hit and miss. It depends on the skin used, etc...
    I had an S3 and a Razr Maxx HD, and both of them would absolutely navigate from the contacts. My contacts were my Google contacts.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,167 Global Posts

I don't think that is the case. You must have misunderstood the permissions.
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had an S3 and a Razr Maxx HD, and both of them would absolutely navigate from the contacts. My contacts were my Google contacts.
    Well mine does not. My phone contacts are also my google contacts. I tried every possible trick to get this to work but it did not. I created a thread on AC and asked and got the same inconsistent answer: on some S3 units it would work but on others it would not.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

I don't think that is the case. You must have misunderstood the permissions.
    Are you serious? Call somebody wrong without checking it out yourself?
    Sorry but your wrong, I can read, from the Play Store for Google search App:
    HARDWARE CONTROLS
    TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.

The permission that displayed on the S3 also included using the microphone to record ay any time and without your knowledge.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,155 Global Posts

Are you serious? Call somebody wrong without checking it out yourself?
    Sorry but your wrong, I can read, from the Play Store for Google search App:
    HARDWARE CONTROLS
    TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.

The permission that displayed on the S3 also included using the microphone to record ay any time and without your knowledge.
    This is correct. Checked it out myself. And I know it's a little concerning that they have that ability, don't know why they need it. But I doubt Google is going to turn your phone on and take pictures of your house while you're sleeping. But who knows, maybe they will...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

It's probably going to be the same with iOS - apps that take photos of people trying to get into your phone and automatically emailing it to you so that you have a record.
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123