Giving off a lot of radiowaves?

h123123

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

First post here coming from Crackberry Forums :D

Is it just me or does the 5 give off a lot of interference picked up by computer speakers?
When I leave it on my computer desk, my speakers make that noise that it usually makes when a phone receives a call or text- except I'm not receiving either and my phone is just idle.

Not too big of a problem, just thought it was interesting and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed more feedback in my car from the iPhone 5 (especially when it's connected to my car radio)...stronger antenna maybe, or a closer relation to the RF modulation of electronics.

The reason your speakers are making that noise when your phone is idle has something to do with background work being done by the phone...authenticating calls, data, texts and what not, your phone communicates constantly so even when it's not being used, it's still working behind the scenes. If i remember correctly too, the phone's power usage is significantly higher just before a call or text comes in or goes out, or as it initializes for data.

h123123

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Haha I already had an idea why the noise was happening I just have never had this much interference with a phone and thought it was worth mentioning to see if others were experiencing the same.

Makes you think back to the whole phone-in-your-pocket-destroying-your-reproductive-cells theory.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Haha I already had an idea why the noise was happening I just have never had this much interference with a phone and thought it was worth mentioning to see if others were experiencing the same.

Makes you think back to the whole phone-in-your-pocket-destroying-your-reproductive-cells theory.

lol...yeah, i guess in 10-15 years when the smart phone generation all have huge tumors in our heads and other parts of our body, we'll think back and smack our foreheads lol!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The funny thing is, I returned to work for the first time in 3 months on Wednesday. When I left I had a 4S that I always had to keep in my pocket because it caused the speakers on my classroom computer to hiss and pop constantly. Since it was a teacher work day on Wednesday, I automatically put my new 5 on my desk - not one speaker pop all day.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Are you guys on EDGE? I've not heard GSM noise from a phone since 3G became the norm. Does LTE do it too?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is 99.999999% of the time on LTE on the road, and have heard it pretty often (especially when calls are coming in where it switches to 4G).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73