Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By roll-tide
  • 1 Post By MACLuvr4Life
  • 1 Post By tuffy100
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    MACLuvr4Life's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    I just got the notification that iOS 6.0.2 is now available.. should i update?
  2. #2  
    naviwilliams's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    1,641 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,410 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8

    Default Should I Update?

    Why not? Does it say what it is 'fixing' in said update?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    MACLuvr4Life's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    Yeah, it says it fixes a bug that could impact wi-fi.
  4. #4  
    ForgWorm's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    People are complaining that iOS 6.0.2 drains their battery quite horribly.. Might as well not update and wait for 6.1
  5. #5  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgWorm View Post
    People are complaining that iOS 6.0.2 drains their battery quite horribly.. Might as well not update and wait for 6.1
    I'm on 6.0.2 and I'm at 16hrs, still got 32%...is that horrible?
    tuffy100 likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    MACLuvr4Life's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    Too late, already updated and don't really see much of a diff in battery drainage. Thx 4 ur input tho.
    ForgWorm likes this.
  7. #7  
    ForgWorm's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    I'm on 6.0.2 and I'm at 16hrs, still got 32%...is that horrible?
    Of usage..? Or standby? If usage thats extremely good.

    And I havent update to 6.0.2 so I have no idea. But try doing a little research on google on iOS 6.0.2. The results are not that good.

    Some say it didnt even fix the wifi issues. Some says that they didnt have any wifi problems before but after updating they do.

    It's safer to wait for 6.1
    IMO
  8. #8  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgWorm View Post
    Of usage..? Or standby? If usage thats extremely good.

    And I havent update to 6.0.2 so I have no idea. But try doing a little research on google on iOS 6.0.2. The results are not that good.

    Some say it didnt even fix the wifi issues. Some says that they didnt have any wifi problems before but after updating they do.

    It's safer to wait for 6.1
    IMO
    Then they'll be some reason you won't update to 6.1...lol. 7hrs usage, 16hrs standby still at 31%
  9. #9  
    ForgWorm's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    Then they'll be some reason you won't update to 6.1...lol. 7hrs usage, 16hrs standby still at 31%
    That's pretty good.. Hmm.. I wonder why the 'media' is saying its draining their battery life. It probably affect some users and not all..
  10. #10  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgWorm View Post
    That's pretty good.. Hmm.. I wonder why the 'media' is saying its draining their battery life. It probably affect some users and not all..
    I don't trust media...they also said the galaxy s3 got terrible battery life but mine was comparable to this iPhone. They said the radio in the iPhone 5 is one of the strongest available but my wife's htc rezound constantly holds onto an lte signal better than this phone.
  11. #11  
    ForgWorm's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    I don't trust media...they also said the galaxy s3 got terrible battery life but mine was comparable to this iPhone. They said the radio in the iPhone 5 is one of the strongest available but my wife's htc rezound constantly holds onto an lte signal better than this phone.
    If I may ask, do you prefer your S3 more or your iPhone 5 more?
  12. #12  
    tuffy100's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    I updated the moment it came out. No issues here.
    MACLuvr4Life likes this.
  13. #13  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgWorm View Post
    If I may ask, do you prefer your S3 more or your iPhone 5 more?
    For some things yes but overall I prefer the iPhone 5.
  14. #14  
    wolfedude88's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    I'm on 6.0.2 and I'm at 35% remaining 16 hours 30 minutes standby with 5 hrs 57 minutes usage.

    Seems good to me.
  15. #15  
    sam20e's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    guyz

    if you really dont have any wi-fi issue, do not update. my friend updated and he is facing severe battery drain (only few devices affected)
  16. #16  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    9,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,162 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam20e View Post
    guyz

    if you really dont have any wi-fi issue, do not update. my friend updated and he is facing severe battery drain (only few devices affected)
    I updated...my battery life didn't change for the good or bad noticeably.

    Also, why does this thread exist?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  17. #17  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Yeah I just noticed that in a matter of about 2hrs, the OP came back and said he already updated to 6.0.2...so two questions, 1) how could he tell in that extremely short amount of time whether his battery life was affected or not? 2) why are we still talking about it? LOL
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    MACLuvr4Life's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    Umm, ok.. it's been overnight and still no noticeable change. I asked 1) just to be sure if i should or not and 2) Im a she.. THE END!
  19. #19  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    9,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,162 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by MACLuvr4Life View Post
    Umm, ok.. it's been overnight and still no noticeable change. I asked 1) just to be sure if i should or not and 2) Im a she.. THE END!
    I guess it was just a bit confusing why the thread was started if you were actively setting up to do the update anyways...kind of like grabbing a taco and asking if you should eat it while taking the first bite.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  20. #20  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Should I Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by MACLuvr4Life View Post
    Umm, ok.. it's been overnight and still no noticeable change. I asked 1) just to be sure if i should or not and 2) Im a she.. THE END!
    My mistake...it shows me the op was made at 7:43 pm on jan 2nd then you said you had already updated by 10:02 on the same night. And we have no way of knowing gender...calm down.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    MACLuvr4Life's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I Update?

    Haha true. Someone asked me why not and when it said it fixed wi fi issues i figured why the hell not so.. yeah. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Similar Threads

  1. Should I update my iPhone 5 to iOS 6.0.1?
    By metroidmen in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 05:29 PM
  2. Should I update 3GS?
    By zrxoa1 in forum iPhone 3GS Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 01:00 PM
  4. Should I Update to 4.1? *Undecided People*
    By fernandocruz in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 04:35 PM
  5. Should I update to 2.2.1 before JB
    By bgut1 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Posting Permissions