Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Don't expect iPhone 6 this year.

I'm a fortune teller and My next prediction is a closed thread!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,601 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Default Re: Don't expect iPhone 6 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zeteo View Post
    How does such a great phone attract such inarticulate pea brains?
    you talkin' to me?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts

There's time for 2. 5S mid year and then the 6 before Christmas. My guess.
    iPhone Intermediate

Just wanted to say - what a ridiculous overreaction from you all over one users suggestion of another phone. Surprised its coming from you as well Sean, considering you were the one in another thread complaining about the hostility of android users.

Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't make them a troll.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Retconaddict View Post
    Just wanted to say - what a ridiculous overreaction from you all over one users suggestion of another phone. Surprised its coming from you as well Sean, considering you were the one in another thread complaining about the hostility of android users.

Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't make them a troll.
    I don't care what other people like...if you prefer something i don't fantastic! Enjoy it!

I love the iPhone, but you won't find me clamoring on other forums trying to convince them how much i love it and how they should love it too and how their preference is inferior to my own...such an epic waste of time and energy. Here though, in our iPhone community, you bet your a*s I'm going to take shots from time to time...why not? I personally find it pretty entertaining most times to be honest. My comment about hostility had to do with android users coming to iPhone websites and starting their sh*t...it's the same with sports, I'm part of a Falcon's forum where we trash talk the other teams all the time...it's good fun, but we don't go trolling other websites with the same stuff. That's the difference.

Grow thicker skin if this kind of thing bothers you.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    BLiNK, Les74 and iKev like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,601 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

this is not any justification but that member did not just simply suggest using another device. they had other troll posts around that time that were in fact deleted because they were clearly troll posts. that is what prompted my "harsh" post. was it uncalled for? more than likely

life goes on.
    SeanHRCC and kch50428 like this.

And he suggests this as reading material....

He is a textbook example of a troll, posting explicitly to get a reaction.

His posts at Crackberry are rabid RIM fanboy posts. He is currently on a campaign to "correct" tech bloggers and sites that say something he perceives as incorrect. And CONSTANTLY name dropping, in my impression to appear as if he is connected in some way.

One of the most self serving trolls I have seen recently. Trust me, this was not one instance. I expect to see him soon at Android Central. Except that I think he knows he would be decimated there as much as here.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I don't care what other people like...if you prefer something i don't fantastic! Enjoy it!

I love the iPhone, but you won't find me clamoring on other forums trying to convince them how much i love it and how they should love it too and how their preference is inferior to my own...such an epic waste of time and energy. Here though, in our iPhone community, you bet your a*s I'm going to take shots from time to time...why not? I personally find it pretty entertaining most times to be honest. My comment about hostility had to do with android users coming to iPhone websites and starting their sh*t...it's the same with sports, I'm part of a Falcon's forum where we trash talk the other teams all the time...it's good fun, but we don't go trolling other websites with the same stuff. That's the difference.

Grow thicker skin if this kind of thing bothers you.
    All someone said was "skip the 5 and wait for BB10", with a smiley face I believe. How does that warrant shouts of "troll!" and insults? It's incredibly ironic you'd tell me to grow thicker skin when the mere mention of another phone causes you (and others) to overreact like that. All he offered there was a suggestion.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    And he suggests this as reading material....

He is a textbook example of a troll, posting explicitly to get a reaction.

His posts at Crackberry are rabid RIM fanboy posts. He is currently on a campaign to "correct" tech bloggers and sites that say something he perceives as incorrect. And CONSTANTLY name dropping, in my impression to appear as if he is connected in some way.

One of the most self serving trolls I have seen recently. Trust me, this was not one instance. I expect to see him soon at Android Central. Except that I think he knows he would be decimated there as much as here.
    My mistake, didn't realise he was a known troll. Although I really don't believe every person that responded nastily to him knew that, and those are the people that need to calm down.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Retconaddict View Post
    All someone said was "skip the 5 and wait for BB10", with a smiley face I believe. How does that warrant shouts of "troll!" and insults? It's incredibly ironic you'd tell me to grow thicker skin when the mere mention of another phone causes you (and others) to overreact like that. All he offered there was a suggestion.
    I never called him a troll...though it was pretty clear he was. You keep referring to me overreacting at the "mere mention of another phone", and i can only deduce that maybe you're confusing my posts to someone else's posts, because i think i pretty clearly stated that i have zero problem with people who choose another product and prefer it, and I've personally even considered other products recently and looked into them, even discussing them on here pretty heavily (most recently, the Lumia 920). You continue to call my name out, and i guess I'm just trying to understand why you keep using my name but keep missing the point (and content) of my posts so badly.

And to take this even further (while pointless, since you seem to omit posts that don't support your rant), right above his post you referred to where he simply said what you quoted, he made a comment about how Apple products were not innovative, poising the statement that he was thankful that BB10 was coming because of such...that'd be like me walking into your house, me being a total stranger to you and your family, and stating how your choice of decor was completely drab and shouting to the group how thankful i was to have a more tasteful place to call home myself...and while i take this forum with the seriousness of a Will Ferrell movie, sometimes putting these trolls in their place provides just the right tone to set so that future trolls think about what they post before they do it...more often than not though, it's simply for entertainment value (as was those earlier posts).

Hopefully that offers some insight into the reasoning and the stance taken with the responses...if you still feel raw about it though, feel free to refer back to my earlier suggestion.

Have a fantastic day!

"Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    finn5975 (01-09-2013)
    GibMcFragger and finn5975 like this.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

If any if us had any clues we would ditch all these craptastic phones and switch the the Motorola slvr l7 edition
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    If any if us had any clues we would ditch all these craptastic phones and switch the the Motorola slvr l7 edition
    Motorola still exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Les74 View Post
    Motorola still exists?
    O M G remember the Rockr??????
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 Beta

O M G remember the Rockr??????
    Ahh I remember that phone! Such a great phone at the time
    bgesullo
    iPhone 5 White 32GB>iPad 3 White 16GB>MacBook Pro
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can't for the life of me figure out why people come to forums about phone "A" and then cry when they get jumped on for saying phone "A" sucks, and phone "B" is better.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion or preference that happens to differ from others, but don't take it personally if you take heat for it.

In the end this is just the "interwebz", and nobody should take anything personally. That and it's just a phone, FFS. Lol.

I have an iP5 (for now, I swap every few months), but I am not going to argue the fact that Android has come a long way and the new phones as well as JB are awesome. It's all a matter of preference. Yes, there are still bugs in Android, but iOS isn't perfect either.
    Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM on OSX Mavericks GM
    iPhone 5s 32GB Gold
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
    ATV3

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofPuppets View Post
    I can't for the life of me figure out why people come to forums about phone "A" and then cry when they get jumped on for saying phone "A" sucks, and phone "B" is better.

Because they are pitiful lonely losers with a need to make themselves look important and who lack personalities and need a life?????

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ill never leave the iPhone, but it's a little goofy to me to think of a new letter-number combination every year for the phone. I think they should just call it "the iPhone" and then distinguish the perticular model by year, or generation.
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    iOS Version

PS: Don't expect iPhone 6 this year.-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1357605348.301091.jpg
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
    qbnkelt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iRy757 View Post
    PS: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1357605348.301091.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	25081
    Love that meme!!!

That's the thing, I think.....I've got and use BBs, I've got a 3GS and a 4S, I've got an iPad, Ive got an SGIII....I simply LOVE different phones.....each device has its place. But I don't go to different sites to speak badly of their devices. I love each device for its specific unique qualities and features.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    you can take that BB10 and shove it up your ***, just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by zeteo View Post
    How does such a great phone attract such inarticulate pea brains?
    Sometimes it’s better to communicate one's thoughts simply, succinctly and in a straight-forward manner. We all understand exactly what BLiNK is saying. There aren’t many other ways of expressing that sentiment.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

And this is my major complaint about the "open community" - the decision to roll all of the "Mobile Nations" forums into one huge site with common logins, etc. It makes it easier and far too likely that the more cretinous among us will cross over to the other sites to troll and wreak havoc. IMHO, the absolute worst decision "the management" has ever made.

How about we all pick our favorite wireless platform and just enjoy the ride? Why do some feel the need to trash every other platform? You got to make your choice, why should the others around these various forums be deprived of or criticized for their choice? I just don’t get it.

[RANT OFF]
    Last edited by Fausty82; 01-09-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

^^^ And on the flip side, when one of these dimwits come here, why are people so sensitive when they get flamed? Boo freakin' hoo...we were mean to someone who came here talking crap. Really!? They should have a new section of this site called "The Softer Side" where trolls can unleash their classic entertainment and people can softly accept it and move on, with the understanding of "That's their opinion."
    E_Brown likes this.

Wait, guys....there are some of us who enjoy several platforms.....
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Wait, guys....there are some of us who enjoy several platforms.....
    My issue is not with those who "enjoy several platforms"... it’s with those who subscribe on a single platform, but feel the need to visit forums for other platforms trolling and trashing the platform of the visited forum.

There’s lot of room for healthy, constructive discussions about the features/strengths/weaknesses of a given platform, but the blatant trolling has to stop. There’s no need or place for that kind of crap.
    SeanHRCC and kch50428 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    My issue is not with those who "enjoy several platforms"... it’s with those who subscribe on a single platform, but feel the need to visit forums for other platforms trolling and trashing the platform of the visited forum.

There’s lot of room for healthy, constructive discussions about the features/strengths/weaknesses of a given platform, but the blatant trolling has to stop. There’s no need or place for that kind of crap.
    Ok...Cool. I understand.
    I skipped the iPhone5, but I will get the next one.
    I had to choose between the SGIII and the iPhone 5 for this upgrade, but the next time....I'll be there on day 1.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast