Duplicate Messages Threads

stillzmatik

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a weird issue. For some reason, one of my contacts' SMS messages are broken up into two threads in the message app. Meaning, there are two threads for the same recipient. this only happens for one of my contacts, but it is starting to get annoying since the messages are not in the same thread.

Any clues?

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Is this SMS or iMessage?

If it's iMessage is the person using the same contact info for you? Do you have all your contact info linked to iMessage?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This is actually normal for text messaging, which is called SMS for a reason. The first S stands for Short, and an SMS is limited to 160 characters. Most phones can parse a longer message, but not all do, and not all do it well. I recently received a lengthy SMS from someone on a feature phone...it came through as 4 messages, and was totally out of order.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This would indeed happen if the other person uses an older phone - non-smartphone and send you a lengthy SMS message. His phone would have automatically split his long message in two (or more) messages depending on the length, and sent you each message this way.

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your apple ID and phone number registered to use with iMessage? You could be sending out iMessages with your apple ID and he/she could be replying to your phone number, or vice versa. That may be causing two threads with the same recipient.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice